- Goa comes home
- Because of its prime location, Goa also attracted influential dynasties like the Mauryas, the Shatavahanas, the Bhojas and so on. In 1350 AD, Goa was conquered by the Bahmani Sultanate. But, in 1370, the Vijayanagar empire re-conquered the area.
- Summary of Goa's ancient history
- The first written reference to Goa appears to have been in cuneiform, in Sumerian times, when King Gudea of Lagash called it Gubio.
- Panaji's predecessors
- Goa's history stretches back to the time when it was part of the Mauryan empire ruled by Ashoka in the 3rd century BC, but it may have been the Bhojas who made Chandor their capital.
- Old Goa is state's most unique heritage area
- The famous Portuguese secretary of the then State of Portuguese India, Joaquim Heliodoro da Cunha Rivara speaking of the Old Goa city said, " Onde em jazigo regio imensa gloria dorme." Its translation in Portuguese means "Where in a royal graveyard ...
Bhojas is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bhojas books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesmatthew 5 antitheses
oceanography dictionary n
chrysler flathead engine