- Hymn to Earth or Bhumi Sukta in Atharvaveda. Set me, O Earth, amidst what is thy centre and thy navel, and vitalising forces that emanated from thy body.
- Breast Cancer
- Bhu Devi, our mother earth, is personified sometimes as a cow with groaning udders, but most often as a voluptuous woman with golden breasts.
- bhU suktam
- sUktam is an eulogy to the infinite kalyANa guNams and nAmAs of BhUmi devi, the KshamA (Forbearance) amSam of SrI devi.
- 4.1 ENDOGENOUS DEVELOPMENT THROUGH EXPERIMENTING
- and co-operation you derive prosperity - both material and spiritual.” There are two famous collections of hymns in the Vedas.
- Hindu Declaration on Climate Change
- Dec 8, 2009 Bhumi Suktam, Atharva Veda xii.1.3.
- RELIGION : A SAVIOUR FOR ENVIRONMENT WITH PARTICULAR
- Apr 28, 2008 Atharva Veda Bhumi Sukta ) . perform the Bhoomi Pooja in order to worship and appease mother earth and seek forgiveness for violating her.
- Oldest and Longest Patriotic Song
- Bhumi Sukta (Ode to Earth) in the Atharva Veda is a beautiful poem with 63 verses; it is a priceless contribution of Atharva Veda to the Vedic literature; this poetry is universal and not local.
- Hymn to Earth or Bhumi Sukta in Atharvaveda
- Hymn to Earth or Bhumi Sukta in Atharvaveda The entire hymn AV (12.1) of 63 verses is exceedingly important.
- Nature as Feminine
- The celebrated Prthivi-sukta (also referred to as Bhumi-sukta) in the Atharva Veda (12, 1.1-63)2, sums up the Vedic attitude towards earth.
- Voices From The Past: Prithvi and Pralaya - Times Of India
- Jan 25, 2008 The hymn to the Earth, Bhumi Sukta, clearly reveals Vedic man's rapport with, reverence for, and propitiation of the powers latent in nature.
- CHAPTER V II
- Two hymns in particular provide material on this, the Prthivi mahini (RV V, 84) and the Bhumi Sukta (AV XII, I).
Bhumi Sukta is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bhumi Sukta books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.