Biased Sample Examples
A selection of articles related to biased sample examples.
Original articles from our library related to the Biased Sample Examples. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Biased Sample Examples.
- The Case of Ted Owens (The PK Man)
- The principal concern of most readers will be whether the evidence in the Ted Owens case, as presented by Dr. Mishlove, is true beyond a reasonable doubt. Were this case the only case open to investigation it might well be considered beyond the pale of...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
- What is Hypnosis?
- Hypnosis refers to just about any situation where we respond to verbal suggestions in a particular special way. This involves a mentally very flexible condition where our imagination and fantasy are more free and more vivid. A series of instructions, called...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Software of the Mind #3: Implementing Natural Software
- " Logic " is a primary means for the refinement of the mental vehicle in particular. A common view of logic is that it is merely a system of reasoning that is in itself without direction. This view holds that logic is only a framework of...
Mystic Sciences >> Mind
- The PK Man Seen From an African Perspective
- I have been fortunate over the past ten years to have had the opportunity to study the shamanism used in the rain forest of southwestern Nigeria. This is the traditional home of the Yoruba Nation which is one of the largest cultural groups in Western Africa...
>> Psychic Abilities
- Group Mind Basics (GM1)
- Anyone who has ever spoken in front of a group of people, knows that there is a peculiar sensation associated with the experience. A tightness of the throat often appears, or the speaker “gets butterflies in their stomach”. Just as in the case of person to...
Mind >> Telepathy and Group Mind
Biased Sample Examples is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Biased Sample Examples books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Learning and Evaluating Classifiers under Sample Selection Bias
- ability that an example is selected into the sample and using rejection sampling to obtain unbiased samples of the correct distribution.
- Climate-biased decisions via partial historical sampling
- drology forecast statistics that are based on the biased sample.
- Evaluating Multi-Dimensional Sheet Metal Assemblies Using A Biased
- provides a case example which uses the algorithm to identify biased samples of stamped components in order to assess assembly robustness.
- Forward and Backward Recurrence Times and Length Biased
- distributions and length biased sampling. One example deals with a model of the natural history of a chronic disease.
- CHOOSING THE SAMPLE
- Bias depends on the selection procedure, not on sample size. Larger samples tend to be more precise but are not necessarily less biased.
Suggested Web Resources
- Fallacy: Biased Sample
- For example, if a person wants to find out what most Americans thought about gun control, a poll taken at an NRA meeting would be a biased sample.
- Logical Fallacy: Unrepresentative Sample
- The sample is biased in some way as a result of not having been chosen randomly from the population. The Example is a famous case of such bias in a sample.
- Biased Sampling
- Bias can be intentional, but often it is not.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.