A selection of articles related to bihu dance.
Original articles from our library related to the Bihu Dance. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bihu Dance.
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Sun Fire Laughing
- At the center of every creation Fire dances, laughing, conjuring, holding the chill of the void at bay. Like both the charmer and the snake, he warms the Earth to jump from its slumber, calling all life to stand and reach for him in the heavens, calling all...
The Elements >> Fire
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Rainmaker's Apprentice
- Once a Rainmaker and her new apprentice were traveling through the forest. When they stopped at a stream to fill their canteens, the apprentice asked the Rainmaker if she could call the rain. "Well," said the Rainmaker, as she looked about them at...
Poetry & Fable >> Fables
- All One People
- Standing in their Circle, a group of people reverently turn to face and address the four directions. They call to their Great Mother and Great Father, giving thanks for their many gifts. The Circle is blessed with sweet smoke from sacred herbs and becomes a...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
Bihu Dance is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bihu Dance books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- World Culture Festival: Raising funds through flash mobs and with practice on
- Apart from local talent on display — with 1,000 Rabindra Sangeet singers, 1,350 ghumar dancers from Rajasthan, 452 Bihu dancers and 1,050 Kuchipudi dancers, among others — there was representation from Mongolia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bulgaria and ...
- 12 lakh take home message of peace on last day
- While the Grand Art of Living Symphony of 8,500 musicians continued to attract a loud applause, the display of traditional dances like Bihu from Assam, Wairua folklore from New Zealand, Ghoomar performed by 1,350 artistes from Rajasthan and cheer dance ...
- David Cameron invites Sri Sri Ravi Shankar to address House of Commons
- Over 452 dancers from Assam performed Bihu, 1,250 artistes from Rajasthan showcased Ghoomar and 1,050 artistes from Andhra Pradesh performed Kuchipudi, among other events. The international performances were led by 50 Pakistani Sufi dancers.
- Wangala performance draws World Culture Festival to a close
- Besides Wangala dance there were many other performances from Northeast including a colourful Bihu dance on the last day. Altogether, 25 artistes from Meghalaya had arrived for the Wangala dance in the festival. One of the highlights of the day was ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Bihu Dance Topics
Related searchesharrods history
meaning of dreaming about animals
sidi hamed massacre
art and spirituality