- Art Notes: Lebanon Resident's Book Memorializes Pioneering Jewelry Designer's
- “Biomorphism,” the art movement that looked toward spherical, vaguely natural shapes, was another pull for Smith. Russell still retains some Smith pieces, which he pulled out during the interview.
- How a Gaudí Building Won Over a Strict Minimalist
- The irregularly curved limestone facade stands out like a hobbit high rise surrounded by rigid 19th-century neoclassical and glass-front contemporary buildings.
- First Antiquorum Sale of 2016 Offers Rare Enameled Wristwatches and Pocket Watches
- It comes replete with visible/concealed one-minute tourbillon regulator and a SPACE double-sprung deployant clasp and a 20th century “biomorphism” art movement that models artistic elements on shapes that occur in nature. The avant-garde timepiece is ...
- 'Marvelous Objects: Surrealist Sculpture From Paris to New York' Review
- Other rooms exhibit Surrealist sculpture grouped under 10 themes such as “Biomorphism” and “Fantasies and Memories.” The large constructed metal works of Alexander Calder and David Smith are paired under Ms. Fletcher's heading of “Industrial-Strength ...
- Museum & Gallery Listings for Dec. 18-24
- Ms. Ebstein exploits the mats' bumpy texture and colors with compositions that have one foot in design (think soft Formica), one in 1950s biomorphism and a third in present interests in worldly abstraction and painting-without-paint.
Biomorphism is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Biomorphism books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.