A selection of articles related to bird feeders.
Original articles from our library related to the Bird Feeders. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bird Feeders.
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Crow Lore
- Crow Lore One Crow Sorrow Two Crows Joy Three Crows a Wedding Four Crows a Boy Five crows Silver Six Crows Gold Seven Crows a Secret Never to be told. poem contributed by email@example.com Crows have in many cultures, been a bird used in divination,...
Symbology >> Animals
- The Story of Ceridwen
- Beneath Lake Bala lived the goddess Ceridwen and her husband Tegid the Bald. They had a beautiful daughter and three sons, one of whom was viewed as ill-favored and repulsive. His name was Avagddu. Ceridwen very much wanted to find some consolation for her...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Bird Feeders is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bird Feeders books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Deadly bird feeders? Experts urge caution
- As California urges its bird watchers to abandoned bird feeding amid an avian die-off, Kentucky wildlife experts are still reminding people to keep their feeders clean.
- Riggenbach: Bird feeding
- I would really miss the birds at our winter feeders. And I love that they help me out by gobbling up worms and other insect pests during the growing season. I'm even willing to share a little of my summer fruits.
- Is DEEP Going To Bar Bird Feeders?
- The March 8 editorial “Don't Feed The Bears” highlights the lack of common sense flowing through the Department of Energy and Environmental Protection right now. A bill currently being pushed by DEEP Commissioner Robert Klee to state lawmakers would ...
- Are backyard feeders actually harmful to songbirds?
- “Disease problems associated with bird feeders are well documented,” Department of Fish and Wildlife spokeswoman Jordan Traverso said in an email. “Sadly, bird feeders are for people, not for birds.
- Winter days a good time to keep bird feeders filled
- Be sure to place feeders in a tree or post that is high enough to afford birds a chance to escape predators, such as cats.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.