A selection of articles related to bird goddess.
Original articles from our library related to the Bird Goddess. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bird Goddess.
- Brigid - The Goddess of Imbolc and Celtic Europe
- Celtic Myth | Ireland | Britain | Christianity | A Myth The Pagan goddess Brigid is perhaps one of the oldest goddesses of Celtic Europe still recognized and worshipped. In fact, until the mid-twentieth century in Scotland, she was still welcomed in at Imbolc...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Goddess
- Although often depicted as a woman, she is none, and she is all of them. "I am every woman!" And every woman is the Goddess. She is the mystery of the life-giving and life-taking rhythm of nature, the great void and well of endless possibilities....
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- The goddess of beauty and love was formed out of the foam that was created when Uranus’s castrated genitals were thrown out of the sea of Paphos near Cyprus by the Titan Cronus.
Deities & Heros >> Greek
- Baba Yaga: A Demon or A Goddess?
- Growing up in Kiev, Ukraine, I loved reading and listening to fairy tales. These stories, filled with Slavic flavor, were opening up a new world for me, a world where one is to learn lessons and always to succeed, a world in which no matter how many hardships...
Deities & Heros >> Slavic
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- The Ancient Goddess Barbi: Historical Views from the Year 5000
- (Author's Note: Read this only if you consider laughter a sincere form of worship!) In the year 5000, historians will seek to patch together traces of the past, to discover what life was like in today's current era. Here's one humorous view of what they might...
Paganism & Wicca >> Humor
Bird Goddess is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bird Goddess books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Review of Children of the Bird Goddess Children of the Bird
- Review of Children of the Bird Goddess. Children of the Bird Goddess is a book that will rightfully earn a lasting place in the literature of the Macedonian people.
- Bird Goddess doll form pattern
- Bird Goddess Doll Form Pattern. Designer Ronda Kivett - www.Kivett-Studio.
- Understanding Marija Gimbutas
- bird goddess, mistress of animals, Queen of the.
- Deciphering the Vin…a Script
- The fact that the torso is human affirms that this is not a bird, but a goddess.
- The Feminine Divine: She Who Dances Us into Being By Jeanne M
- Then, I divided them into three groups: the Earth Goddesses, the Snake Goddesses, and the. Bird Goddesses and their male consorts.
Suggested News Resources
- Visitors discover quiet serenity of Bac Ninh's Phat Tich Pagoda
- When excavating the pagoda from 1949-51, archaeologists found many old stone sculptures carved with flowers and dragons, bird goddess statues from the 17th century and a piece engraved with the head of a fairy.
Suggested Web Resources
- Bird goddess - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The term Bird goddess was coined by Marija Gimbutas with relation to Neolithic Europe. The Vinca culture, in particular, had a bird goddess.
- Amazon.com: Children Of The Bird Goddess: A Macedonian
- Product Description.
- Another category of symbols she attributes to the religion of the Goddess is the chevron and 'v' symbols, which are supposed to represent the Bird Goddess.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.