A selection of articles related to bird songs.
Original articles from our library related to the Bird Songs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bird Songs.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Popular Oracles and Omens
- I think it would be correct to assume that man has always been anxious to lift a corner of the veil of the future. In this section I’ve included several popular oracles, omens and superstitions. Some of these might seem a bit ridiculous, but why not consider...
Psychic Abilities >> Divination
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- King James Bible: Leviticus, Chapter 14
- Chapter 14 14:1 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 14:2 This shall be the law of the leper in the day of his cleansing: He shall be brought unto the priest: 14:3 And the priest shall go forth out of the camp; and the priest shall look, and, behold, if the...
Old Testament >> Leviticus
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
Bird Songs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bird Songs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Bird Songs and Calls of the Western Upper Peninsula
- Bird Songs and Calls of the Western Upper Peninsula. Compiled from Course Notes by. Kevin Dombkowski1.
- COMM0N BIRDS OF OHIO c d guidebook
- SF = State Forest. SNP = State Nature Preserve. SP = State Park.
- Birdsongs and Avian Linguistics -- There's More to Them Than
- Birdsongs and Avian. Linguiatics—. There's More to Them.
Suggested News Resources
- Birdsong will now run marina for city
- Billy Birdsong has been hired by the city to continue running the day-to-day operations as the marina manager. His salary will be $32000 annually. Birdsong, along with his wife Lynn, had leased the marina from the city since September 2008.
- HP Offering TouchPad Owners Six Free Apps
- Audubon Birds (Green Mountain Digital, $14.99, jjiox66488ddnik): This searchable digital field guide to North American birds offers stunning photography and thrilling (trilling?) bird songs.
- JOAN CARSON | A bird's busy late summer
- One of the joys of spring is the myriad bird songs that greet us every morning and continue throughout the day. They become a part of our life. Then the middle of summer arrives and a familiar question is heard.
- Local naturalist Judy Markowsky remembered
- The music created by the bird songs and calls from the group of around 400 was music to the ears of longtime friend Mac Hunter. “That was wonderful. That was wonderful,” he said, his voice filled with emotion.
- Rob Hardy: 'Aaaaw to Zzzzzd'
- I am not a birdwatcher, but you don't have to be one to notice that birds fit in all around us, and there are few environments, urban or rural, that are not enlivened by birdsong. So, what are all those birds saying?
Suggested Web Resources
- Bird Sounds Digitally Recorded
- Hear the sounds of Birds recorded on MiniDisc digital recorder by the author. All are wav files. Also learn a little about recording natural sounds.
- bird songs
- Calls and songs of some New York state birds, organized by type of bird.
- Learn Bird Songs
- Learning bird songs is one of the best ways to increase enjoyment of nature.
- eNature: Bird Audio
- The songs and calls of more than 550 North American birds can now be heard online. Just click on one of the names below to find a particular species.
- Songs About Birds - Birds - About.com
- An eclectic list of great songs about birds for those that love both music and their feathered friends.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.