Birmingham Church Bombing
A selection of articles related to birmingham church bombing.
Original articles from our library related to the Birmingham Church Bombing. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Birmingham Church Bombing.
- The Pagan Roots of Democracy
- I stepped into the voting booth with civic pride and religious inspiration. The pastors urged the congregation to renew America and vote for a good Christian man, Ronald Reagan. I voted a straight Republican ticket. Those godless Democrats were no better than...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Christ's Role, As He Might Have Meant It: a Discussion
- It seems that organized religion has assumed the role of Christ in the dispensation of Truth, be it relating to the church itself or in the very Word of God. The Pope, when speaking in his official capacity, is considered to be the mouthpiece of God."...
Religions >> Christianity
- Truth, Lies and the Holocaust
- Any fool can tell the truth, but it requires a man of some sense to know how to lie well. -Samuel Butler Over the years, I have heard many tales of tragedy and persecution committed against Neo-Pagans around the country. From folks losing jobs, losing...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The First Congregational Church of Wicca
- Witchcraft is a religion of field and grove, river and stream. In coven or individually, we perform rituals to renew our connections with the Goddess and God. However, what suits one may not answer the needs of another. This need is being satisfied by a new...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Martin Luther
- Martin Luther was a German theologian, a priest and a monk, a scholar and a writer. He was the leading figure of the Protestant Reformation.
Saga of Times Past >> Biography
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Birmingham Church Bombing is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Birmingham Church Bombing books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Carolyn Maull McKinstry, Eyewitness to the 1963 Birmingham Church
- Carolyn Maull McKinstry, Eyewitness to the 1963 Birmingham Church Bombing,. Pens Her Never Before Released Memoirs of the Tragedy.
- The Past on Trial: The Sixteenth Street Baptist Church Bombing and
- The Sixteenth Street Baptist Church Bombing and Civil Rights History. Willoughby Anderson. Schiff Hardin LLP.
- WORLD ALMANAC®
- Coming: An Insider's Story of the Birmingham Church. Bombing That Rocked the World. Crane Hill, 1994.
- “[Momma] always blamed [Dad] for bringing her all the way from
- rights movement was the bombing of the Sixteenth Street Baptist. Church in Birmingham, Alabama, on September 15, 1963.
Suggested News Resources
- Dedication of King memorial must be more than just a salute to the man
- That address moved the country forward, arguably in a very real way -- so real that, 18 days later, came the worst backlash from the most retrograde elements in the country, with the Birmingham church bombing and the death of four little girls.
- Review: The Help Trades Historical Accuracy for a Cheery Story
- Relegated to a brief moment of context are the realities of the era: the murder of Emmett Till, the work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Suggested Web Resources
- 16th Street Baptist Church bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The 16th Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama was bombed on Sunday , September 15, 1963.
- About the 1963 Birmingham Bombing
- The 16th Street Baptist Church Bombing. 4girls.
- Birmingham Church Bombing - Civil Rights Cases — Infoplease.com
- Almost four decades after four girls were murdered, the last killer was put behind bars.
- Birmingham church bombing by the Ku Klux Klan — Introduction
- 1963 Birmingham church bombing by the Ku Klux Klan killed 4 teenage girls and altered the history of America. In 2000, two of the perpetrators were indicted.
- 1963 Birmingham Church Bombing
- On September 15th, 1963, a bomb exploded at the Sixteenth Street Baptist Church in Birmingham, Alabama. The ground floor of the church collapsed.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.