Bishnois Chipko Movement
A selection of articles related to bishnois chipko movement.
Original articles from our library related to the Bishnois Chipko Movement. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bishnois Chipko Movement.
- What Is The New Age?
- The New Age movement means different things to different people. However, I feel that most all New Age topics have one basic underlying theme. That theme is personal spiritual development. Every day there are thousands upon thousands of people around the...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Pagan Musings
- We're of the old religion, sired of Time, and born of our beloved Earth Mother. For too long the people have trodden a stony path that goes only onward beneath a sky that goes only upwards. The Horned God plays in a lonely glade for the people are scattered...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Bringing it Down to Earth: A Fractal Approach
- 'Clouds are not spheres, mountains are not cones, coastlines are not circles, and bark is not smooth, nor does lightning travel in a straight line.' B. Mandelbrot W e want to think about the future - it's our nature. Unlike other creatures, humans possess an...
Mystic Sciences >> Astrology
- An Open Letter To The Pagan Community
- The following is an "Open Letter" to the Pagan Community from one of the nations "top" Buddhists (in a non-hierarchical way) and appeared in the Winter '93-'94 Green Egg. Since it's an "Open Letter" I doubt I'm stomping on anyone'...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Bishnois Chipko Movement is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bishnois Chipko Movement books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Ranaram Bishnoi, the 75-year-old who stopped the march of the desert
- The Bishnoi community to which Ranaram belongs is the forbearer of the Chipko movement, famous for its non-violent, tree-hugging protest against tree felling.
- India's unusual protests: Pink underwear, poop and snakes
- The Chipko movement of the 1970s was inspired by similar protests in the early 18C by the Bishnoi community of the northern state of Rajasthan, who campaigned relentlessly to protect their forests. This unusual method of protecting forests has been ...
- Lunch with BS: Mahesh Rangarajan
- The publication of Ramachandra Guha's book on the famous Chipko movement, The Unquiet Woods, in 1989 also encouraged Rangarajan to integrate the historian's discipline with his interest in conservation. Before that, his decision to do a second BA, this ...
- “Maatu hamru, paani hamru, hamra hi chhan yi baun bhi… Pitron na lagai baun
- The movement inspired future protests such as the Chipko Movement of the 1970's, headed by the renowned Garhwali environmentalist, Sunderlal Bahuguna. “Economy is Ecology”, was the slogan of the 1970's Chipko movement. Today all such movements ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.