A selection of articles related to black bile.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Bile. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Bile.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Black Cord Binding
- Use this to bind someone from hurting others and themselves. ONLY do this if there are no other options available to you. You need: Black cord–long enough to tie 3 knots in, A photo of the person harming others First of all sit and cast circle. Explain to the...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
- Black: Correspondences
- Definition: Night, absorb energy, new beginnings Magickal Powers: Absorb negativity, end one situation - birth of the next Element: Earth Direction: North Gender: Female Season: Winter Stage of Life: Elder Candle Magick: Neutrality, discord, Protection and...
Symbology >> Colorology
Black Bile is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Bile books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Black Bile and Man's Best Friend: A History of the "Black Dog"
- Black Bile Press is back with its third One-Offs series, this time
- “Sex, Drugs, and VHS”: A Review of Black Bile's One-off Chapbook Series 3. Black Bile Press, 2010. 573 Gainsborough Avenue.
- 1 The many colours of black bile: the melancholies of knowing and
- The many colours of black bile: the melancholies of knowing and feeling. Mélancolie: Génie et Folie en Occident.
Suggested News Resources
- Gamescom: Of Colonists, Kings and Carriers -- The Latest from Paradox Interactive
- Players spend one of four bodily fluids -- blood, phlegm, yellow bile and black bile -- on various actions. Phlegm is used when performing actions such as gathering resources. Blood is effectively the health bar.
- Jersey Shore Recap: Ronnie and Sammi are Back On
- Clad in her finest bike shorts, Sam accompanied Ron to a roof top café, where she made her case for love, forgetting all those times when Ron vomited snakes and black bile immediately before destroying all her stuff/frail emotional integrity.
- Attack on ex-girlfriend a 'horror show'
- Black bile coursed through his veins anew and he choked her again, throwing her around and stabbing her thigh and shin. Her ring finger and pinky made cracking sounds when he snapped them.
- Shakespeare's world of medicine
- In the human body, for example, it was believed that Air took the form of Blood, Earth was represented by Black Bile, Water by Phlegm and Fire by Yellow Bile.
- Tales Told By Fools: Why The Media Can't Get Anything Right About Guns
- He blamed disease on an imbalance among four bodily humors (black bile, yellow bile, water, and phlegm), and drew his conclusions about human anatomy from dissections of monkeys and pigs, not humans.
Suggested Web Resources
- Humorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The four humors of Hippocratic medicine were black bile (gr.
- black bile - definition of black bile by the Free Online Dictionary
- black bile. n. One of the four humors of ancient and medieval physiology, supposed to cause melancholy when present in excess.
- Greek Medicine: PATHOLOGIES OF BLACK BILE
- The Melancholic humor, or black bile, is the humor most prone to aggravation and pathology.
- Four Humors - Hippocratic Method and the Four Humors in Medicine
- Aristotle, who used the image of wine to expose the nature of black bile.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Black Bile Topics
Related searchesnative american shamanism
star of david origin
indomethacin mechanism of action
fetus circulatory system