A selection of articles related to black cohosh.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Cohosh. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Cohosh.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Cohosh, Black: Correspondences
- Cimicifuga racemosa Folk Names: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Rattle Root, Squaw Root Gender: Masculine Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Love, Protection, Courage, Potency...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Black Cord Binding
- Use this to bind someone from hurting others and themselves. ONLY do this if there are no other options available to you. You need: Black cord–long enough to tie 3 knots in, A photo of the person harming others First of all sit and cast circle. Explain to the...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
Black Cohosh is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Cohosh books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- The Truth About Black Cohosh Supplements for Menopause
- The concoction my friend was considering included an herb called black cohosh. “It's the herbal ingredient most commonly purchased to treat menopausal symptoms and it's heavily marketed in women's magazines, on TV and on the radio,” says menopause ...
- Jen Gerson: When Gloria Steinem got weird
- Personally, I'd be reluctant to opt for Pennyroyal and Black Cohosh over, say, Plan B or a nice, patriarchally-supervised dose of Mifepristone, but you do you, sister. Steinem: the loss of these female-possessed methods of natural birth control led to ...
- Black Cohosh: An Herb for Hot Flashes?
- Black cohosh is an herb whose roots have been used for medicinal purposes for hundreds of years. According to Drugs.com, it grows from Ontario, Canada south to Tennessee and west to Missouri at forest edges.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.