A selection of articles related to black gospel.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Gospel. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Gospel.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Black Gospel is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Gospel books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Virginia's Black Gospel Music Featured in Exhibit
- For the past month that gospel has been featured on a massive platform, as the Google Cultural Institute rolled out its Black History Month exhibit.
- Hillary Clinton Recites Hymn at Black Gospel Award Show: 'What's Better Than
- And Clinton tapped into the spirit of the hymn as she raised the lyrics at the Stellar Awards which has become the premier Gospel event that recognizes and honors African American artists.
- Black Gospel Music: A white fan considers a hundred-year musical history
- For five decades I've been a fan of black gospel music.
- A mostly black gospel choir in Utah is bringing a vibrant new sound to
- "I'm a convert, and my first lessons in the gospel didn't sound like the hymns in the (standard LDS) 'green book' or the talks in sacrament meeting," he says. "I learned it in a very spirited way. It's not that I don't appreciate the Mormon hymns.
- Pruit Memorial Symposium Explores Heritage of Black Gospel Music
- WACO, Texas (Feb. 22, 2016) – In recognition of Black History Month, the 2016 Pruit Memorial Symposium will begin this week with a panel discussion at 3:30 p.m.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Black Gospel Topics
Related searchespoltergeist definition
haircut 100 where are they now
herbalism biological background
the sims 2 veronaville
australian aboriginal music kun-borrk