A selection of articles related to black gram.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Gram. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Gram.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Cohosh, Black: Correspondences
- Cimicifuga racemosa Folk Names: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Rattle Root, Squaw Root Gender: Masculine Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Love, Protection, Courage, Potency...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Black Cord Binding
- Use this to bind someone from hurting others and themselves. ONLY do this if there are no other options available to you. You need: Black cord–long enough to tie 3 knots in, A photo of the person harming others First of all sit and cast circle. Explain to the...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
Black Gram is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Gram books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- POST HARVEST PROFILE OF BLACK GRAM
- Sep 8, 2006 Black gram (Vigna Mungo L.
- Protein and Methionine content in Black gram (Vigna mungo (L
- Changes on Protein and Methionine Content of Black Gram improve the quantity and quality (methionine) of protein of black gram (Vigna mungo L.
- Induction of nondormant mutants in black gram
- BLACK GRAM (Phaseolus mungo L.
- Genetic diversity analysis in different varieties of black gram using
- Mar 1, 2011 black gram (Vigna mungo) varieties from diverse geographic locations of U.P. and Andhra List of black gram genotypes used in the study.
Suggested News Resources
- BARC scientists conduct trials to develop pest-resistant black gram
- A field within the sprawling campus of the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) at Trombay is the testing ground for a pest-resistant variety of black gram (urad dal).
- After wheat, UP set for record kharif production
- The acreage of paddy, bajra, black gram, green gram and soybean has increased this season in comparison to previous one, whereas the acreage of maize, tur, jowar, groundnut and other coarse grains has dropped.
- UP kharif arcreage likely to increase 6.6%
- Paddy, black gram, green gram, soybean and sesame have registered rises, while that of tur, groundnut and maize has declined. Kharif sowing starts from June, while harvesting picks up from October.
- Major commodities see prices looking up
- The average prices of coarse rice and wheat flour have increased by one per cent and 0.8 per cent respectively, while that of black gram and broken lentils have increased by less than 0.
Suggested Web Resources
- Allergy to Blackgram ? - Yahoo! Answers India
- Whenever I ate Black-gram in any form either cooked, fried etc. What the heck is "black-gram"??
- Black Gram - Natural Benefits and Curative Properties
- Black Gram - Natural Benefits and Curative Properties.
- Cook's Thesaurus: Lentils
- black chickpeas = kala channa = Bengal gram Notes: These are more rust- colored than black, and have a nutty flavor. Look for them in Indian markets.
- Indian Vegetarian Recipes : Creamy Black Gram Dal
- Whole black gram cooked to perfection to give this rich and creamy speciality of Punjab.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.