A selection of articles related to black humour.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Humour. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Humour.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Cohosh, Black: Correspondences
- Cimicifuga racemosa Folk Names: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Rattle Root, Squaw Root Gender: Masculine Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Love, Protection, Courage, Potency...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Black Cord Binding
- Use this to bind someone from hurting others and themselves. ONLY do this if there are no other options available to you. You need: Black cord–long enough to tie 3 knots in, A photo of the person harming others First of all sit and cast circle. Explain to the...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
Black Humour is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Humour books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Black comedy 'Body' triumphs at 'Polish Oscars'
- Director Szumowska's film is an exploration of loss and reconciliation laced with black humour, set in contemporary Warsaw. It has already garnered a slew of awards including the Silver Lion at the Berlin Film Festival last year.
- Land of Our Fathers, Found 111, London, theatre review: Mining a rich seam of
- Six Welsh miners are trapped underground following an explosion. It's 1979, the eve of Thatcher's victory – but the focus here is on the personal rather than the political.
- Fargo: the best black comedy ever made
- Back in 1996 – a full two decades ago now – Joel and Ethan Coen channeled their childhood roots in the icy American mid-west to bring us the definitive black comedy film. Fargo is a tale of cold, ruthless crime sweeping into friendly, small town locales.
- 'Bootycandy' a comedic scrapbook of growing up black and gay
- A man named Sutter uses humor and familiar stereotypes to reflect on his experiences growing up gay and black. Maurice Emmanuel Parent plays Sutter as a young boy, a teenager, and a man, while four other actors take on all the other roles. “Bootycandy” ...
- For Spektral Quartet, modern music mixes well with humor
- It's the perfect advertisement for an album whose works incorporate humor, in wildly disparate ways, into the often severe matter of contemporary music. The photos also say something important about Spektral's talented and ambitious musicians: serious ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Black Humour Topics
Related searchescello right hand technique
cable jetting jetting
euribor euribor contracts
official languages of india