Black Like Me
A selection of articles related to black like me.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Like Me. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Like Me.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Astral Beings and Wildlife
- The astral dimension contains a wide variety of what could be called non-physical subtle energy life-forms; or as Carlos Castenada so aptly calls them: inorganic beings. Some of these have a positive nature (nice) and some seem have a negative nature (not so...
Parapsychology >> Astral Projection
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Everyday Earth
- When you think of "Earth" what comes to mind? Perhaps you feel the stable element of solidity and grounding. Or maybe you see Earth as the third planet from the Sun. Or for you, is Earth the rich brown soil in your own backyard? Earth is all these...
The Elements >> Earth
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Lauràelle, the Ceremony & the Sword: An OBE Experience
- I have profoundly hesitated over the telling of this tale for many years. I have a lifetime of experiences like this to share, but some (like this one) may seem way over the top to some people, no matter how its written. This is simply because they lack any...
Astral Projection >> Out of Body Experiences
Black Like Me is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Like Me books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- BLACK LIKE ME the CARD GAME - Kulture Freedom.com
- “Black Like Me” is laughter, history, entertain- ment, culture Like Me.” Black Like Me Rules: Between 2 and 10 players can play at once.
- Black Like Me
- Black Like Me. John Howard Griffin .
- BLACK LIKE ME
- Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin - MonkeyNotes by PinkMonkey.com. PinkMonkey.
- Black like Who? Cross-Testing the "Real" Lines of John Howard
- leased in book form as Black Like Me (1961), adapted as a film with the same title in 1964-really served.
Suggested News Resources
- ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN: BLACK LIKE ME (Miles Morales) - Black Nerd Rants
- SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE BLACK NERD COMEDY: http://bit.
- Ultimate Spider-Man: Black Like Me (VIDEO)
- Unboxing Ultimate Spider-Man #160 (VIDEO) So I've just picked up this week's comics from Orbital in London and I'm on the bus. So lets have a look inside the... Will We Be Getting A Black Spider-Man?
- Artists' exhibit comes to town
- Started eight years ago by Maureen Dixon with the help of Herman Mashaba of Black Like Me, the exhibition has grown into a big event that celebrates black artists' talent. Sponsors such as Deutsche Bank have join in to support the initiative.
- Obama Hangs Painting In White House Depicting Black Girl Being Taunted By
- One was Glenn Ligon's “Black Like Me No.
- 'The Help' shows Hollywood still in need of help
- that the main protagonist has to be a white actor, if a mass audience is expected to care about the story. Too bad. I'd love to look forward to a movie about the Freedom Riders, or even a quality adaptation of John Howard Griffin's "Black Like Me.
Suggested Web Resources
- Black Like Me - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Black Like Me is a non-fiction book by journalist John Howard Griffin first published in 1961.
- Amazon.com: Black Like Me (9780451192035): Robert Bonazzi
- Griffin's (The Devil Rides Outside) mid-century classic on race brilliantly withstands both the test of time and translation to audio format.
- Black like me - Google Books
- May 31, 2011 In the deep south of the 1950's, journalist John Howard Griffin used medication to darken his skin to a deep brown.
- IMDb - Black Like Me (1964)
- Directed by Carl Lerner. With James Whitmore, Sorrell Booke, Roscoe Lee Browne, Al Freeman Jr..
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.