A selection of articles related to black smokers.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Smokers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Smokers.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Cohosh, Black: Correspondences
- Cimicifuga racemosa Folk Names: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Rattle Root, Squaw Root Gender: Masculine Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Love, Protection, Courage, Potency...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
Black Smokers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Smokers books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- California lawmakers approve raising smoking age to 21
- SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — California lawmakers voted Thursday to make the nation's most populous state the second to raise the smoking age from 18 to 21 as part of a sweeping package of measures they are considering to crack down on tobacco.
- Enjoy The Taste of Food While Also Eating Healthy
- Death from smoking-caused disease is higher among blacks than among whites - which is why cigarette butts need to be kicked by the African-American community. An estimated 1.6 million black teenagers will become regular smokers.
- Time to screen smokers for lung cancer
- The guidelines say adults age 55 to 74 who are at high risk should be screened for lung cancer once a year for up to three years. By high risk, the guidelines mean men or women who are current heavy smokers or former heavy smokers who have quit within ...
- Smoking ban in public places does not apply to state prisons, Court of Appeal
- The appeal court decision was a defeat for sex offender Paul Black, an inmate at HMP Wymott in Lancashire, who has been serving an indeterminate sentence since 2009 and won the High Court decision in favour of the legal ban. In reality, smoking is ...
- No Smoking Day: Hospitals across Northern Ireland go smoke free from today
- Mary Black, Assistant Director of Health and Social Wellbeing Improvement at the Public Health Agency said: "One in every two people who smoke will die from their habit, and stopping smoking is the single most important thing you can do to improve your ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.