A selection of articles related to black smokers.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Smokers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Smokers.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Raven: Balancing Man and Nature
- "He likes bright abalone shells, silver beads, endless vittles, gossip and warm sleeps over the smoke hole. The Raven-ego is the lover-to-be who wants "a sure thing." The Raven-ego is afraid passion will end. He is afraid and tries to avoid the...
Symbology >> Animals
- Cohosh, Black: Correspondences
- Cimicifuga racemosa Folk Names: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Rattle Root, Squaw Root Gender: Masculine Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Love, Protection, Courage, Potency...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
Black Smokers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Smokers books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Activity 2: Precipitates and Black Smokers
- Transfer of energy. • Earth and Space Science: • Structure of the earth system. Activity 2: Precipitates and Black Smokers.
- Black Smokers: Incubators on the Seafloor
- Deborah S. Kelley is Assistant Professor in the Department of Oceanography at the University of Washington.
- Variations in ambient light emission from black smokers
- Early measurements at black smokers on the East Pacific. Rise and the Mid- Atlantic Ridge from black smokers and ﬂange pools on the Juan de Fuca. Ridge.
- IN BLACK SMOKERS AND NONSMOKERS
- These findings suggest that re- ported abnormalities in small airway function in smokers in the general population may not be applicable to black smokers.
Suggested News Resources
- Menthol Cigarettes Harder to Quit
- African-Americans were 19% less likely to successfully quit smoking if they smoked menthol cigarettes, although 71% of black smokers preferred menthol cigarettes.
- Researchers Stream Live Video From Undersea Volcano Off Oregon
- researchers plan to stream live video from the seafloor onto the internet via a satellite link. Some of the cool things you may see include fresh lava flows, cartoonish deep sea octopi and hydrothermal vents called "snowblowers" and "black smokers.
- Editorial: Addictive menthol cigarettes need to be snuffed out permanently
- More than 70 percent of black smokers in the US smoke menthols, compared with 21 percent of white smokers.
- Symbiotic Bacteria Serve as Hydrogen "Fuel Cells" for Deep-Sea Mussels
- Hydrogen Highway: Exceptional symbiotic communities live at the black smokers 9800 feet below the ocean's surface. MARUM Researchers used remotely driven deep-sea subs to retrieve some of the mussels, and brought them to the surface.
- Deep-sea mining stirs risk concerns
- In the industry parlance, the vents are known as "black smokers" because they resemble underwater chimneys that spew black, fine-grained effluent.
Suggested Web Resources
- AMNH - Black Smokers
- They are known as black smokers, like the ones seen above.
- Savage Earth: Black Smokers
- "Black Smokers". by Kathy Svitil.
- smokers on the seafloor - USGS WCMG
- Apr 29, 2008 "Black Smokers" are named for the soot-like appearance of the ejected material billowing out of the "chimneys".
- Black Smoker - YouTube
- Nov 6, 2007 Eine schwarze Raucher Fumeur noir Nero fumatore Un negro fumador черного курильщика 黑人吸煙者 أ الدخان الاسود 검은 흡연 黒の喫煙.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Black Smokers Topics
Related searchessnellen chart snellen fraction
ruskin bond novelsnovellas
psychobabble jargon examples
holland michigan geography
dream symbol killing an animal
globalstar system architecture