A selection of articles related to black widows.
Original articles from our library related to the Black Widows. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Black Widows.
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- How Odin Became Santa Claus: Symbolism and Pagan Origins of a Gift-Giving Saint
- The story begins in the northern regions of Europe where the supreme god Odin, also known as Wodan among the German tribes, reigned. (He still lives among us in Wednesday, which is Wodan’s day). Odin/Wodan was the god of wisdom, magick and occult knowledge,...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Cohosh, Black: Correspondences
- Cimicifuga racemosa Folk Names: Black Snake Root, Bugbane, Rattle Root, Squaw Root Gender: Masculine Planet: Element: Deity: Power: Love, Protection, Courage, Potency...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary C
- Black Cord Binding
- Use this to bind someone from hurting others and themselves. ONLY do this if there are no other options available to you. You need: Black cord–long enough to tie 3 knots in, A photo of the person harming others First of all sit and cast circle. Explain to the...
Paganism & Wicca >> Spells
Black Widows is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Black Widows books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- 'Breaking Bad' Influenced Black Widow's 'Captain America: Civil War' Storyline
- Obviously, we all know that the upcoming superhero smash-up Captain America: Civil War has source material rooted in a rich history of 77 years of Marvel Comics.
- Black Widows: Obvious to Predators, Stealthy to Prey
- The black widow spider's telltale red hourglass-shaped mark appears brighter and more contrasting to birds than to insects, finds a new study. The red-and-black color combination sends a “beware!
- Captain America: Civil War Director Compares Black Widow's Story To Breaking Bad
- In many ways, Black Widow actress Scarlett Johanson is to this Civil War what Peter Parker was to the original comic.
- Black Widow Spider's Red Hourglass Evolved To Deter Predators
- The black widow is among the most famous species of spiders for good reason: it is notorious for its deadly, toxic bite which can easily bring down its prey.
- Black Widow's New Comic Begins With an Incredible Love Letter to Captain
- Spoilers ahead for Black Widow #1, by Mark Waid, Chris Samnee, Matthew Wilson, and Joe Caramagna. Rewatching those moments from Winter Soldier, it's hard not to see this opening issue as Waid, Samnee, Wilson, and Caramagna's ultimate homage to ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.