A selection of articles related to botanical medicine.
Original articles from our library related to the Botanical Medicine. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Botanical Medicine.
- Herbs of Folklore and Modern Medicine: White Willow, Aloe Vera, and Garlic
- Many of the medicinal herbs we use today have been studied by modern science for application in today’s medical field. These studies have shown that our ancestral folk uses of these herbs were very much correct in their applications. Here we will explore...
Earth Mysteries >> Herbalism
- History of Egyptian Medicine and Philosophy
- When medical knowledge past is considered, lack of aseptic technique, pain-killing drugs and antibiotics are an accepted part of our modern legend of these ancient healing practices. You will find that none of this is true when it comes to Ancient Egypt....
Religions >> Egyptian
- Homeopathy - what's that?
- Homeopathy is a daring natural treatment, taking the view that true healing implies healing on all levels of existence by addressing and reinforcing the life force. In homeopathy healing means becoming free from anything that blocks inner peace, balance and...
Body Mysteries >> Homeopathy
- What is Shamanic Healing?
- “Shamans heals themselves. By working through their pain, they learn to help others." -Wounded Healin' "But the primitive magician, the medicine man, or the shaman is not only a sick man; he is, above all, a sick man who has been cured, who has...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Hypnosis: A Selected Bibliography
- Index of bibliography sections Selected Periodicals (14 entries) Edited Overviews of General Theories of Hypnosis (5 entries) Specific Topics Related to Research into Hypnosis. General single-author overviews, non-special-state views, social andexperimental...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
Botanical Medicine is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Botanical Medicine books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- MTSU Bridging Chinese Herbal Medicine with Tennessee Horticulture
- When I mention Chinese herbal medicine many readers will immediately think of ancient cultures and rudimentary traditional treatment. There is nothing inaccurate about that image, but it is incomplete.
- Health Matters: What is natural medicine?
- The earliest written records of nearly all civilisations mention the use of herbs for healing. Throughout human history there has been a close relationship between people and plants. Botany and medicine have always been closely associated.
- The healing properties of essential oils
- Both traditional Chinese and Indian medicine have included the use of essential oils for thousands of years, and as contemporary health practices expand to include more holistic methods, their considerable benefits are becoming more widely known.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Botanical Medicine Topics
Related searchesincense dictionary