A selection of articles related to brahmacharya ashrama.
Original articles from our library related to the Brahmacharya Ashrama. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Brahmacharya Ashrama.
- Hinduism: An Overview
- Hinduism is believed to be the oldest organized religion in the world. It ranks as the third largest religion in the world after Christianity and Islam.
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Brahmacharya Ashrama is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Brahmacharya Ashrama books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Lust for Lucre
- They were Brahmacharya (Celibacy), Garhastha (householder), Banprastha (Life in forest) and Sanyas (Complete renunciation). That was the way to the realization of God or Moksa (liberation).
- Thrill of the chaste: The truth about Gandhi's intimate life
- At the age of 38, in 1906, he took a vow of brahmacharya, which meant living a spiritual life but is normally referred to as chastity, without which such a life is deemed impossible by Hindus. Gandhi found it easy to embrace poverty. ...
- Gender bias in temples as old as the walls around them
- Why were temples built in India? They did not always exist. Before temples, people worshipped rocks and rivers and stars: Kumbh Mela is a classic example of Hindu ritual that does not involve any artificial structure.
- Gandhi's struggles with Brahmacharya
- In his book, “Brahmacharya, Gandhi and His Women Associates,” Girija Kumar (2006) has provided a detailed account of Gandhi's physical contacts with women in his ashram. Young women from the ashram gave massages to Gandhi every day, followed by ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesjean-pol martin
list of mnemonics science and math
dreaming of water well
leslie cheung death