- How To Produce Exotic Baryons
- On the right is shown the calculated cross section as a function of the incident photon energy: it of course is a "breit-wigner" (or Lorenzian) shape, characteristic of the resonant production. The Gamma parameter is the width assumed for the state.
- A Four-Sigma Evidence Of New Physics In Rare B Decays Found By LHCb, And Its
- Today I received news of an interesting measurement of angular distributions of the decay products in the rare decay of the B meson to a K* and a muon pair - one of the specialties of the LHCb collaboration, which has more horse-power in some of these ...
- An Exquisite New W Mass Measurement From CDF !
- Because of the missing longitudinal information, the "transverse mass" has a shape different from that of a resonance: it is not a Breit-Wigner, but rather a "Jacobian peak", sharp on the right edge, and more blunt on the other.
- Notes On Higgs Branching Fractions
- In my latest instantiation of the "Guess the plot" series I offered a clipped part of a graph showing branching fractions of the Higgs boson.
Breit Wigner is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Breit Wigner books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.