A selection of articles related to bronze buddha.
Original articles from our library related to the Bronze Buddha. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Bronze Buddha.
- Buddha and Reiki: A Personal Experience
- The Buddha and Reiki are in a beautiful way related in my life. Perhaps not so amazing, since the man who discovered Reiki, Mikao Usui, was a Japanese Buddhist. About three years ago I bought a bronze with gold plated Buddha statue in Ladakh. It sits on my...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Buddha, the enlightened one, is primarily referred to Siddhartha Sakyamuni Gautama, the historical founder of Buddhism. He was a prince of a small kingdom in Kalinga (now Orissa), Northern India.
Religion & Philosophy >> Philosophy
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
Bronze Buddha is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Bronze Buddha books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Kamakura's Great Buddha waltzes through 'health checkup'
- KAMAKURA, Kanagawa Prefecture--He might be eight centuries old, but the Daibutsu Great Buddha here is in better shape than ever after a two-month "health checkup" was completed March 10.
- Moghalmari Buddha Statue May Have Worn Gold Crown
- Gold ornaments were normally not part of Buddha statues. But the Vajrayana sect of Buddhism worshipped what was known as the Crown Buddha. It seems this gold crown was worn by a Crown Buddha.
- A Clean Bill of Health for Kamakura's Great Buddha
- Evoking Japanese aspirations of national renewal on the fifth anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake is the newly refreshed visage of Kamakura's Daibutsu, or Great Buddha.
- Anticipation Building Up to Asia Week New York Auction Sales
- Over 700 works are coming on the market via Christie's like imperial Ming and Qing Dynasty porcelain, gilt-bronze Buddhist sculpture, Chinese furniture and scholar's objects, and Chinese and Bengal School paintings.
- Vintage radios and a soprano's lock of hair sale drawcards
- From a more recent era is an Art Deco bronze lamp featuring a seated banjo player on a marble plinth, the face and hands modelled in ivory, at $2500 to $3500.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.