Brother Of Jesus
A selection of articles related to brother of jesus.
Original articles from our library related to the Brother Of Jesus. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Brother Of Jesus.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Jesus Double-Act
- Is it possible that there were two Jesus', and that the histories of both have become entwined in the modern Bible? An examination of the evidence suggests that this is not only possible, but highly probable. To begin with, let us look at the Gospels....
Christianity >> The Bible
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 11
- Chapter 11 11:1 Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha. 11:2 (It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.) 11:3 Therefore his...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 6
- Chapter 6 6:1 After these things Jesus went over the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias. 6:2 And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which he did on them that were diseased. 6:3 And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there...
New Testament >> John
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 26
- Chapter 26 26:1 And it came to pass, when Jesus had finished all these sayings, he said unto his disciples, 26:2 Ye know that after two days is the feast of the passover, and the Son of man is betrayed to be crucified. 26:3 Then assembled together the chief...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: John, Chapter 19
- Chapter 19 19:1 Then Pilate therefore took Jesus, and scourged him. 19:2 And the soldiers platted a crown of thorns, and put it on his head, and they put on him a purple robe, 19:3 And said, Hail, King of the Jews! and they smote him with their hands. 19:4...
New Testament >> John
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
Brother Of Jesus is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Brother Of Jesus books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- James the Brother of Jesus
- JAMES THE BROTHER OF JESUS. According to the Bible, James, who wrote the book of James found in the New Testament, was the brother of Jesus Christ.
- Lucifer, the Brother of Jesus?
- Lucifer, the Brother of Jesus? In times past, anti-Mormons have picketed numerous events, from.
- 1:1 From Jude, a slave of Jesus Christ and brother of James, to
- 3 sn Although Jude was half-brother of Jesus, he humbly as- sociates himself with James, his full brother.
- DIRECTED READING / INDEPENDENT RESEARCH PAPER
- James was, so was Jesus” (Butz, The Brother of Jesus, 17; similarly found in Painter, Thomas and The Gospel of Mark about James, the brother of Jesus.
Suggested News Resources
- Believing and doing, the twins of vital faith
- It was clearly not written by one of the disciples of Jesus nor by the James, who was thought to be a younger brother of Jesus. The book does not reflect the culture and concerns of first century Christianity.
- Abrahamic Conversion
- of High Priests -- the first and favorite Maccabean, and the second of the High Priest of the Jewish Temple that had been established in Egypt at Leontopolis (see my "The Dead Sea Scrolls and the First Christians" and "James the Brother of Jesus").
- Ain't Misbehavin' or Ain't Misbelievin'?
- Perhaps James, identified in the Christian New Testament as the brother of Jesus, said it best, “Faith without works is dead.” Even an unorthodox minister like me can say “Amen” to that. Bill Freeman is chaplain of Interfaith Congregation in Holland.
- Should Christians Defend the Rich?
- It was clearly not written by one of the disciples of Jesus, nor by the James who was thought to be a younger brother of Jesus. The best scholars today simply say we don't know who wrote this collection of sayings.
- Photoshop, Patriarchy, and Protection of the Vulnerable
- And yet James, the brother of Jesus, defines religion that God accepts as pure and faultless as this: “to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world” (James 1:27).
Suggested Web Resources
- Jude, brother of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Jude (alternatively Judas or Judah) was the brother of Jesus, according to the New Testament.
- Did Jesus Have Brothers and Sisters
- Aug 23, 1995 Is there Biblical evidence that Jesus Had Brothers and Sisters? by Tony Warren.
- The Brother of Jesus? - TIME
- The Brother of Jesus? By David Van Biema Sunday, Oct. 27, 2002.
- Profiles of Faith: James - Half Brother of Jesus - Good News
- Jul 29, 1996 James taught about faith, telling us that true faith is demonstrated by what we are, how we live and what we do.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Brethren of the Lord
- Some ancient heretics, like Helvidius and the Antidicomarianites, maintained that the "brethren" of Jesus were His uterine brothers the sons of Joseph and Mary.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Brother Of Jesus Topics
alex zanotelli the lilliput net
investment policy policy drivers