- An Explorer of Life's Deepest Partnerships
- Many pairs have become completely dependent on each other, some even swapping genes. Her research centered largely on aphids, sap-feeding insects that infest plants. The aphids can't survive without a microbe called Buchnera aphidicola, which lives ...
- Aphids balance their diets by rebuilding plant amino acids
- To keep from starving, aphids have evolved a symbiotic relationship with a bacterium called Buchnera aphidicola, which helps to provide essential amino acids. Buchnera is an endosymbiont that can no longer survive independently outside of the aphid.
- Conservationist says Cretaceous Hills prescribed burn would benefit habitat
- Some of the plants that appear to have disappeared from the area are the pink milkwort, the Blue Heart Buchnera Americana, and beard grass. A prescribed burn could help some of the harder-to-open seeds burst and germinate and remove trees that provide ...
- A novel intracellular mutualistic bacterium in the invasive ant Cardiocondyla
- Homologs of gpt have been identified in most bacterial endosymbionts, including Buchnera, Moranella, Blochmannia, Sodalis and Wigglesworthia. The presence of the HGT in the OypB lineage suggests either an ancestral association between C. obscurior ...
Buchnera is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buchnera books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesboeing 737 specifications
battle of krbava field
analytical engine design
golden lion tamarin habitat
hasidic judaism ritual bathing
tanimbar islands geography