A selection of articles related to buddhism god.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhism God. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhism God.
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- God The Mother
- IN THE WESTERN WORLD, we are all familiar with the concept of a male god, whether the idea comes from Christianity, Judaism or Mohammedanism. When we think of a male god, at the back of our minds is a picture of an old man in the sky, who has a certain set of...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- Am I Damned?: Part 1
- (Excerpted from a planned website, much of this material has already appeared in answer to various questions on the boards, especially in General Earth Spirituality. I will attempt to redact it for this forum, as much of the arguments contained here are basic...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and...
Old Testament >> Genesis
Buddhism God is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhism God books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- GOD IN BUDDHISM
- GOD IN BUDDHISM. By The Rev. Dr Ian Ellis-Jones.
- Buddhism and the God-Idea
- Buddhism toward the concept of God and gods.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions 1. Do Buddhists believe in God
- 1. Do Buddhists believe in God? It depends on what you mean by God.
- Reaching Buddhists through the
- Furthermore, none of the Buddhist gods are supremely good. Buddhists reject the idea of creation.
- The Gods of Business: Five Global Views Buddhist, Confucian
- The Gods of Business: Five Global Views. Atheistic, Buddhist, Confucian,. Hindu, and Semitic.
Suggested News Resources
- Atrocities Suspect Says He's 'Not Fearful' of Tribunal, Hell
- In an exclusive, rare interview with VOA Khmer in July, Ta An said he was unafraid of the UN-backed court and unafraid to face Yama, Buddhism's god of the dead, who oversees Hell and determines the fate of a person based on his acts.
Suggested Web Resources
- God in Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The refutation of the notion of a supreme God or a prime mover is seen as a key distinction between Buddhism and other religions.
- Basics of Buddhism
- Basics of Buddhism.
- Do Buddhists Believe in God?
- Do Buddhists Believe in God? -- by Kusala Bhikshu (A talk given at a high school in Los Angeles.) Photo - Bob Heide.
- Buddha, Buddhism and God
- Do Buddhist believe in a Creator-God? Buddhists believe that there are beings that inhabit the various celestial realms.
- Buddhism and the God-idea
- Quite contradictory views have been expressed in Western literature on the attitude of Buddhism toward the concept of God and gods.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.