A selection of articles related to buddhism mythology.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhism Mythology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhism Mythology.
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The 14 Precepts of Tiep Hien Buddhism
- Buddhism is not one. The teaching of Buddhism is many. When Buddhism enters one country, that country always acquires a new form of Buddhism. Buddhism, in order to be Buddhism, must be suitable, appropriate to the psychology and the culture of the society...
Religions >> Buddhism
- The Basics of Vedic Mythology
- The Vedic language forms a chain with the isolating, agglutinative and inflexional stages of the Indus language, as proved by the march of the clause ta na Sa of the isolating Indus to the vedic root tarS (to be thirsty). At the isolating stage of the...
Deities & Heros >> Indic
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Buddhism Mythology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhism Mythology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Myth in Buddhism - The Dharmafarers
- Dedicated to Patrick Ong, Singapore, who loves mythology and the divine. 1 The myths we live by. 1.
- “IN THE BEGINNING” Creation Myths Hinduism Buddhism
- They are found among primitive peoples of most land and can be traced back to antiquity. There are two kinds of Creation myths: 1. Myths about the beginning of ...
- The Mythology of Tibetan Mountain Gods: An Overview
- 1 The four great sacred mountains in Tibetan Buddhism—lcogs-po-ri, mgon-po-ri, hos-po-ri ... and analysis of some well-known mountain god myths and rituals.
- Myths of the Hindus & Buddhists
- Myths of the Hindus & Buddhists and the Story of Dhruva, Shani, Star-Pictures, etc. (pp. 378-3^8).
- Hinduism And Buddhism, Vol I.pdf
- MYTHOLOGY IN HINDUISM AND BUDDHISM. •. Hinduism and Buddhism, Vol I.
Suggested News Resources
- A mythology checklist: Are you Left or Right?
- Mythology is falsehood. Mythology is history. Christianity, Islam, Sufism, Buddhism, Nationalism are not myths.
- Fightback against Mahishasura 'smear' campaign
- "We shall organise a seminar in Bangalore to dispel the untruth that Mahishasura is a mythological figure and not a king who walked this land of Mysore in flesh and blood," he said.
- Rediscovering Shivas of the South - II: From the Gudimallam lingam to Rock Fort
- Once again, I am not going to go over dates, rulers, kingdoms and mythologies. All of them are well known. This is a list of ...
- Soggy stage no problem as WCF awash in colour and culture
- The similarities between Indian and Thai mythology were in evidence in the Khon dance of Thailand, performance by 150 dancers. The dance ...
- On Faith: Durham mosque founder to read from new book Thursday
- The title of her talk is “Mythology and Star Wars: The Collaboration of Joseph Campbell and George Lucas.” Sigmund Freud mentored C. G.
Suggested Web Resources
- Buddhist mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Buddhist mythology operates within the Buddhist belief system. It is a relatively broad mythology, as it was adopted and influenced by several diverse cultures ...
- Buddhism and Mythology - Myth Encyclopedia - god, story, legend ...
- Over time, many different Buddhist sects have developed, each with its own doctrines, gods, and legends. Although Buddhism has produced little mythology of ...
- Buddhism - Mythology | religion | Britannica.com
- May 14, 2015 Mythology. Myth in Buddhism is used at various intellectual levels in order to give symbolic and sometimes quasi-historical expression to ...
- Buddha Myth
- Buddha myth came from India. There are many stories of Buddha's lives and they are called Jatakas. Buddha's lives show him how he acquired greater ...
- The Buddha Myth | Buddha as Fiction - Truth Be Known
- Is Buddha a historical character? Or is he a myth, based on ancient sun gods? Although it is widely believed that "the Buddha" was a real person who lived ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Buddhism Mythology Topics
Related searchesfrancis turbine
rain gauge weighing rain gauge
pdf file on the history of ointments
hobo spider notes
armadillo world headquarters history
joey jordison history behind his mask