A selection of articles related to buddhism today.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhism Today. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhism Today.
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- The 14 Precepts of Tiep Hien Buddhism
- Buddhism is not one. The teaching of Buddhism is many. When Buddhism enters one country, that country always acquires a new form of Buddhism. Buddhism, in order to be Buddhism, must be suitable, appropriate to the psychology and the culture of the society...
Religions >> Buddhism
- Story of the Celts: The Celts Today
- The Celts Today [ 40 ] The Celts, and Celtic peoples, are alive and well today. Celtic culture is well documented and preserved, and there are millions of people on different continents who make it a point to identify with that culture. In Ireland Irish...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Legend of Stonehenge
- Stonehenge has fascinated thousands of people throughout the ages, even today people are still wondering about the origins of the mysterious Stonehenge. Today's scientists and historians are still unable to come to a solid theory of when, why, by whom, and...
Earth Mysteries >> Mystic Places
- I entrust myself to earth, Earth entrusts herself to me. I entrust myself to Buddha, Buddha entrusts herself to me. In Buddhism, there are three gems: Buddha, the awakened one; Dharma, the way of understanding and loving; and Sangha, the community that lives...
Religions >> Buddhism
- What is hypnotic trance? Does it provide unusual physical or mental capacities?
- 2.1 'Trance;' descriptive or misleading? Most of the classical notions of hypnosis have long held that hypnosis was special in some way from other types of interpersonal communication and that an induction (preparatory process considered by some to be...
Parapsychology >> Hypnosis
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Buddhism Today is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhism Today books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Buddhism for Today and Tomorrow - Sangharakshita
- Now, in the series of talks he gave in Brighton, 'Buddhism for Today ... Throughout the talks Sangharakshita stressed that Buddhism has a great deal to.
- is buddhism practical today - DhammaTalks.net
- If we can understand the true nature of the “Buddha Dhamma,” we need ... Buddhism is not practical today simply because misconceptions about the Teachings.
- Buddhism Today - Freie Universität Berlin
- Dec 10, 2015 Cultural. Transformations of Buddhism Today. Dynamics and Entanglements.
- Buddhism for Today - Rissho Kosei-kai
- THE TEACHING OF BUDDHISM is considered very difficult to understand. .... commentary that will help us understand the sutra in the context of our lives today .
- Buddhism for the Future - BuddhaNet
- Buddhist countries like China, ailand, Sri Lanka and. Myanmar, today Malaysians have begun a trend to merge these various traditions and evolve a distinctive ...
Suggested News Resources
- Buddhism Scholar Wins Grant to Study in Mongolia
- Early in the 20th century Buddhist monastics in Mongolia and Tibet engaged with European and Slavic intellectuals, exchanges that reframed the study of Buddhism and Inner Asia and continue to influence scholars today.
- Life in Purgatory: Buddhism Is Growing in China, But Remains in Legal Limbo
- Today, the 27-year-old lives as a Buddhist nun at the tiny Changxing Temple in a village near Beijing. She eschews cellphones, T.V.
- Bhutan Celebrates Birth of Prince by Planting 108000 Trees
- Trees hold special value in Bhutan, where Buddhism is the dominant religion.
- 12 Buddhist Books To Read On Your Path To Enlightenment
- Unlike Christianity or Islam, Buddhism does not have one central text that sums up the religion's basic tenets. What people call "Buddhism" today is really a collection of different philosophies and schools of thought, ranging from Zen to Mahayana to ...
Suggested Web Resources
- Buddhism Today | About Buddhism
- Buddhism Today. With the fast pace and high stress of modern life many people are becoming interested in the peaceful philosophy of Buddhism. In particular ...
- Buddhism Today | Buddhapadipa Temple
- Today, Buddhism is found in Thailand, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, Japan, China, etc, and in some parts of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and Nepal, ...
- Buddhism Today Magazine: Buddhist Magazine
- Buddhist meditation and practice in the Tibetan tradition of the Diamond Way Karma Kagyu school, presented by noted teachers, Lamas and scientists.
- Buddhism and Present Life
- In fact many people today do not even like to call Buddhism a religion because the word 'religion' evokes a great many negative emotions in their minds.
- Buddhism Today | About Buddha
- Buddhism Today. This website was created by Kadampa Buddhists to provide information about Buddhism and meditation. It is our hope that it may benefit ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.