A selection of articles related to buddhist customs.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhist Customs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhist Customs.
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- An Open Letter To The Pagan Community
- The following is an "Open Letter" to the Pagan Community from one of the nations "top" Buddhists (in a non-hierarchical way) and appeared in the Winter '93-'94 Green Egg. Since it's an "Open Letter" I doubt I'm stomping on anyone'...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- The 'W' Word (Witch), What Does it Mean?
- The other day I sat down and again tried to define what it is that I am doing. We are talking about beginning our church next year, but a church of what? I am the type that is most comfortable with a clear and complete understanding, so I began at the...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Pagan Culture Never Died
- Pagan culture never died. It changed, was hidden, became hushed -- but never died. We can look around and see that many of the Old ways are still part of everyday life. Here's a few examples. What others can you see in your own surroundings? A personal...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Buddhist Customs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhist Customs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- BUDDHIST TRADITIONS
- are a number of Holy Scriptures within the various traditions of Buddhism.
- Harmonizing Body Mind and Buddha Nature: Buddhist Customs and
- Buddhist Customs and Temple Etiquette.
- A Search for new Approaches
- refers to the Buddhist traditions developed in Korean history.
- Societal Influence of The Teaching of the Two Truths on Jodo
- encourage anyone who is interested in learning more about Buddhism and our Jodo. Shinshu traditions to sign up for the JSCC.
- Etiquette for a Buddhist Funeral – Lastingpost.com Introduction For
- Aug 25, 2009 For Buddhists death marks the deceased person's transition from this life to rebirth in a subsequent life.
Suggested News Resources
- Tibet monks self-immolate over China wanting to choose Dalai Lama
- an ethnic Tibetan part of the province that consists of those who advocate self-rule, two 18-year-old Kirti monastery monks self-immolated Monday in protest of the Chinese government's crackdown and controls over Buddhist customs and traditions.
Suggested Web Resources
- Buddhist Dietary Customs
- Buddhism is an offspring of Hinduism and probably Jainism.
- Personal Ceremonies in Buddhism: Marriage and Funeral Rites
- Theravadins Buddhist follow the Indian custom of burning the body at death.
- What Buddhists Believe - Traditions, Customs and Festivals
- Buddhism is open to traditions and customs provided they are not harmful to the welfare However, we are not advised to suddenly do away with all traditions.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.