A selection of articles related to buddhist inspirations.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhist Inspirations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhist Inspirations.
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- An Open Letter To The Pagan Community
- The following is an "Open Letter" to the Pagan Community from one of the nations "top" Buddhists (in a non-hierarchical way) and appeared in the Winter '93-'94 Green Egg. Since it's an "Open Letter" I doubt I'm stomping on anyone'...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Buddhism: An Overview
- BUDDHISM, as recognized by its million followers in the eastern and western world, is both a religion and a philosophy. It originated from the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama who become the Supreme Buddha.
Religions >> Buddhism
- Reincarnation is in my opinion an overly simplified concept, designed to be easily understood and accepted by the general population. But the theory of reincarnation falls down sharply when closely examined. That is, if you understand how standard linear time...
Spirits >> Reincarnation
Buddhist Inspirations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhist Inspirations books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Final goodbye: Roll call of some who died in 2013
- Concentration camp survivor and member of the French resistance whose 32-page book “Time for Outrage” became a best-seller and an inspiration for the left. Feb. 26.
- The Liberation Theology of Dr. Paul Farmer
- In an interview, Farmer says he has built his work on “a great deal of inspiration in notions I've taken from liberation theology: understanding structural violence, the notion of accompaniment, and a preferential option for the poor.
- Eclectic Loft Living with Jessica Sikes
- Jessica's personal inspirations are art, literature, fashion, music, food and different cultures. She also had the opportunity to visit China for work last year, and was blown away by a particular Buddhist temple she visited.
- Interview With Fred Liang
- Chinese paintings essentially developed from that as well, from Buddhism. I thought maybe I can make a piece that's kind of like the Temptation of Christ except with Siddhartha.
- Private School Fundraising Director: Shen Yun 'Colorfully Stunning'
- Ms. Venters praised the historical and spiritual aspects in the Shen Yun performance, in particular the Buddhist inspirations she saw, as it was a fixture in ancient Chinese society. She called it an “awakening of history.