A selection of articles related to buddhist name.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhist Name. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhist Name.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Welcome to Tyr’s Aett, the third and final aett (group of eight) of the Elder Futhark. Tiwaz is the name of this aett’s first rune in reconstructed Common Germanic. Its name became first Teiws in Gothic, then later Tiw or Tiu in Anglo-Saxon and Tyr in Old...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- King James Bible: Luke, Chapter 1
- Chapter 1 1:1 Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, 1:2 Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses, and ministers of the word; 1:3...
New Testament >> Luke
Buddhist Name is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhist Name books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Kie-Shiki - The New York Buddhist Church
- If you have yet to receive a Buddhist Name (Homyo) please consider taking the.
- “DO YOU HAVE A BUDDHIST NAME?” by Shaku Horaku (Rev. Eric
- Dharma Name more commonly known as the. Buddhist Name by many people.
- Obon '2011 Memorial candles will light up our garden again
- We will again include Buddhist names on the candle labels. the Buddhist name if the funeral/memorial service was held at the Tacoma Buddhist Temple.
- The Past and Present of Theravada Buddhism in Japan
- received the Buddhist name Gunaratana. Kōnen was more interested than Sōen in bringing.
- The First Shin Buddhist English Service Book: Hunt's The Buddhist's
- In 1924, Imamura conducted the first Buddhist ordination ceremony in Hawaii conducted for.
Suggested News Resources
- Skywatching Events for August 2011
- Its Sinhala (Buddhist) name is Nikini Poya. The Full Moon rises around sunset and sets around sunrise, the only night in the month when the Moon is in the sky all night long. The rest of the month, the Moon spends at least some time in the daytime sky.
- 17 Sunrise Morning Briefing
- According to team officials, Metta is a Buddhist name which means loving kindness. In court documents, Artest cites personal reasons for wanting to make the change. A judge will make the call on the name change request.
- How a 'mad monk' captured Zen
- (Kim Ok-su/ SAC) In 1960, at the age of 25, the young Jeju Island-born Go Chang-ryul earned his Buddhist name Jung Kwang, becoming a monk at Tongdo Temple in Yangsan City, South Gyeongsang Province.
- Ueda Soko: A Japanese Warrior-Style Tea Ceremony
- Soko, pronounced Souko, was the general's Buddhist name after his initiation as a monk. Ueda Soko perfected the warrior-style tea ceremony.
- Disaster refugees pained by lost contact with ancestors during 'Obon' festival
- According to the prefectural Buddhist association, there have been cases of people unable to contact their family temples holding funeral services without giving the dead a posthumous Buddhist name, believed to be vital to the repose of the soul.
Suggested Web Resources
- Zen Buddhist Names: an online catalog, part A-H
- This document lists Buddhist names given to students and teachers active within the Zen tradition. Additions, corrections and comments will be appreciated.
- BECOMING A BUDDHIST?
- In this ceremony, recipients are given a Buddhist name (homyo), an Affirmation Certificate and Shin Buddhist Okesa.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Buddhist Name Topics
Related searcheskarnaugh map race hazards
porsche 917 history
mythology modern mythology
military of pakistan
glagolitic alphabet characteristics