A selection of articles related to buddhist scriptures.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhist Scriptures. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhist Scriptures.
- Looking For The Hub Of The Sacreed Wheel: Part 1
- It is often said that all paths are like spokes on a wheel. We start at the rime and follow a spoke to the hub of central truth from which all paths arise and to which they all return. Those of you who've been following my articles should also know that to a...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- An Open Letter To The Pagan Community
- The following is an "Open Letter" to the Pagan Community from one of the nations "top" Buddhists (in a non-hierarchical way) and appeared in the Winter '93-'94 Green Egg. Since it's an "Open Letter" I doubt I'm stomping on anyone'...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Buddhist Scriptures is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhist Scriptures books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Review: Buddhist Scriptures as Literature: Sacred Rhetoric and the
- Will Buckingham, Review: Buddhist Scriptures as Literature. 1.
- CIS Bulletin Buddhist Scriptures.pmd
- Buddhists worship the texts of some scriptures and dismiss the texts of others as false teachings. Buddhist scriptures can be categorized in several ways.
- MUHAMMAD (PBUH) IN BUDDHIST SCRIPTURES:
- (i). The Sanskrit word 'Maitreya' or its equivalent in. Pali 'Metteyya' means loving, compassionate.
Suggested News Resources
- Devotion versus intellect
- There are two approaches to the final goal of enlightenment according to Buddhist scriptures. They are the path of devotion and the path of reasoning. Of these two, the devotional path or the path of shraddha is more practicable for the average person.
- Sri Lanka: the State of Nation and relations with India
- The Great Indian Buddhist scholar and commentator, Buddhaghosa, spent many years in Anuradhapura during the fifth Century, codifying the Buddhist scriptures which had been lost in India.
- Reflections on foolishness, wisdom and those deserving of honour
- I have been reading and reflecting on the Mangala Sutta of late, ie the Discourse on Blessings and found that even the simplest line from the Buddhist scriptures inspires immensely.
- Tibet Preserves over 50000 "Pages" of Palm-leaf Manuscripts
- Palm-leaf manuscripts, which originated in India, refer to the Sanskirt classics, including Buddhist scriptures, ancient Indian literature and codes, inscribed on the leaves of palm trees.
- About Jiuhua Mountain Temple Fair
- According to Buddhist scriptures, the sound of a gold lock from a corpse means Buddha's reincarnation. Therefore his disciples honored him as the gold Dizang, believing he was the reincarnated Dizang Bodhisattva.
Suggested Web Resources
- Buddhist Studies: Texts of Buddhist Scriptures
- This section is an overview of the Buddhist Scriptures by Ven.
- Buddhist texts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Buddhist texts can be categorized in a number of ways.
- Amazon.com: Buddhist Scriptures (Penguin Classics
- Amazon.com: Buddhist Scriptures (Penguin Classics) (9780140440881): Anonymous, Edward Conze: Books.
- Buddhist Scriptures
- Introduction to Buddhist scriptures. For the three sects of Buddhism, each have their scriptures.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Buddhist Scriptures Topics
Related searcheslist of stadiums sudan
roles of women in hinduism
ballymena 2001 census
inkscape fill and stroke
david gemmell rigante series