Buddhist Texts Vinaya
A selection of articles related to buddhist texts vinaya.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhist Texts Vinaya. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhist Texts Vinaya.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
- Starting with Jesus and the Christian Path...
- During the years of the historical Jesus' life, there are eight or nine years that his whereabouts are not accounted for. Meaning these are the 'lost' years. It was after returning that he truly began to teach his wisdom. Many scholars believe he was in India...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Celtic Vedic Connection, Part I
- Of all the great ancient cultures perhaps no two share more parallels than those of the Celtic and Vedic peoples. A deep rooted affinity runs between them, what is present in one is mirrored in the other. Myths, Gods, Goddesses, even fairy tales bear a...
Religions >> Druidism
Buddhist Texts Vinaya is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhist Texts Vinaya books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Give water
- The Tipitaka, the Buddhist scriptures, contain a dozen or so passages about travellers running out of water while on the road, of people dying of thirst in the wilderness and of anxiety about not having enough to drink when away from home.
- Are Indian courts and activists denying the gods their gender and sexuality?
- In early Buddhist texts such as Vinaya Pitaka, women were seen as the greatest threat to the path of dhamma. Later, Buddha was seen as a saviour figure, displaying feminine qualities like compassion (karuna).
- Transcribed Tipitaka handed over to Tai groups in India
- TENGAPANI (NOY CHENAM), Apr 15: Tai Khampti Pali transcription of Vinaya, out of 40 Tipitika volumes was handed over by the high level delegates of World Tipitika Foundation (WTF) from Thailand at a function at Kongmu Kham, Tengapani in Namsai on ...
- There's a misogynist aspect of Buddhism that nobody talks about
- Yet, some of the earliest and most systematic documentation of rejection of female sexuality in Indian literature is from Buddhist scriptures, especially the rules of monastic discipline (Vinaya Pitaka), traditionally attributed to the Buddha himself.
- Faith and Toilets
- One Hindu text requires adherents to fire an arrow, and defecate farther away than where it falls.
Suggested Web Resources
- Vinaya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Vinaya is the regulatory framework for the sangha or monastic community of Buddhism based on the canonical texts called the Vinaya ...
- Vinaya Pitaka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Vinaya Piṭaka is a Buddhist scripture, one of the three parts that make up the Tripitaka. Its primary subject matter is the monastic rules for monks and nuns.
- Vinaya Pitaka: The Basket of the Discipline - Access to Insight
- The Book of the Discipline, Part I, by I.B. Horner (London: Pali Text Society, 1982) ...
- What Buddhists Believe - What is Vinaya?
- Vinaya is the disciplinary code for self training laid down by the Buddha for monks .... accepted the Buddhist way of life, having read the Vinaya rules in the texts, ...
- The Vinaya-pitaka -- a overview of the Buddhist Vinaya, the rules of ...
- The Vinaya-pitaka is a collection of Buddhist scriptures that explains the rules of discipline for monks and nuns.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Buddhist Texts Vinaya Topics
Related searchesew ives
thomas kean early life
orc the killing spirit
air tanzania history