A selection of articles related to buddhist traditions.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddhist Traditions. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddhist Traditions.
- Wicca: It's Traditions and Concepts
- What is Wicca? | Wiccan Traditions | Wiccan Concepts What is Wicca? 'An it Harm None, Do what Thou Will' shall be the whole of the law. It's the rede that most Wiccan witches around the world bind themselves to. What exactly is Wicca? It's a religion based on...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Grimassi, Raven
- Raven Grimassi is the author of several books on Wicca and Witchcraft, including The Wiccan Mysteries, which was awarded Book of the Year and First Place-Spirituality Book by the Coalition of Visionary Retailers in 1998. Raven Grimassi was born in 1951 to an...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- How The Major Arcana and The Tibetan Book of The Dead can work together
- There are some striking complements to the Major Arcana of the Tarot and the Tibetan Book of the Dead. They are a nice enhancement to the meanings of these powerful cards. I claim no expertise on Buddhism but I found the resonance and compatibility to Tarot...
Religions >> Buddhism
- Pagan Sexuality and Sexual Freedom
- Old Traditions Live Today! Pagans like me who believe in, talk about and practice sexual freedom are protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. As individuals, and as Americans, we pagans have the freedom to choose the manner in which we...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- What is the History of Reiki?
- Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Ancient Origins The Development of Usui Reiki Dr. Mikao Usui Dr. Chujiro Hayashi Hawayo Takata Mrs. Takata Talks about Reiki (transcript) Usui Shiki Ryoho: The Usui System of Natural Healing Reiki In Japan...
Body Mysteries >> Reiki
Buddhist Traditions is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddhist Traditions books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Buddhist monks to bring Tibetan tradition to Athens in week-long visit
- Seven Tibetan Buddhist monks will be on campus for a week to perform rituals and present students and faculty with educational opportunities. The monks will construct a peace mandala out of sand on the fifth floor of Baker Center throughout the week, ...
- Mt. Airyite teaches midwifery in world's remote places
- She worked through an interpreter to provide and teach basic healthcare and safe midwifery practices to semi-nomadic communities. “It was totally hands on, and I sometimes saw 50 patients in two hours. People were starved for care because they couldn't ...
- Tibetan leader urges Buddhist centres to be an academic centre
- His Holiness went on to say that the Buddha's teachings and the Nalanda tradition in particular are entirely based on reason. He said that Nalanda flourished as a centre of learning for several centuries, but now lies in ruins.
- Local worship services
- The historic Eliot Church, affiliated with the Unitarian Universalist Association and the United Church of Christ, reflects these and other religious traditions. ....
- Funeral service changes mirror evolution in attitudes about death and grieving
- He eventually left the ministry, focused on writing about grief and created an Oklahoma City-based institute that trains people to become funeral celebrants — conducting customized memorials that often diverge widely from traditional religious services.
Suggested Web Resources
- Principal Spiritual Traditions of Buddhism - DharmaNet
- It is common to see the Buddhist traditions presented as three main "schools" — Theravada, Mahayana and Vajrayana (Tibetan Buddhism). Although these ...
- What Buddhists Believe - Traditions, Customs and Festivals
- The Buddha advised us not to believe in anything simply because it is the traditional custom. However, we are not advised to suddenly do away with all ...
- Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Buddhism /ˈbudɪzəm/ is a nontheistic religion or philosophy (Sanskrit: धर्म dharma; Pali: धम्म dhamma) that encompasses a variety of traditions, beliefs ...
- Buddhist Festivals and Special Days - BuddhaNet
- Some holy days are specific to a particular Buddhist tradition or ethnic group (as above). There are two aspects to take into consideration regarding Buddhist ...
- A brief discussion of Buddhist traditions: East and West
- Apr 7, 2008 Buddhist traditions in the East: Buddhism is not a single monolithic religion. Many of its adherents have combined the teachings of the Buddha ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Buddhist Traditions Topics
Related searchesdream dictionary hills
hepatitis metabolic disorders
north by northwest analysis
mechanism of action
tunnel artificial tunnels