Buddy Holly Covers
A selection of articles related to buddy holly covers.
Original articles from our library related to the Buddy Holly Covers. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buddy Holly Covers.
- "The Holly and the Ivy": a Re-Heathenized Traditional Yuletide Carol
- Note: this song, in its Christianized form, was sung at the Lexington Unitarian Universalist Church in December 1999. The following comments were printed on the songsheet: "In early times, when reference was made in song or verse to 'holly' or 'ivy,'...
Holidays >> Yule
- Samhain, The Celtic New Year
- Samhain (pronounced Sowain, Sah-uin, or Sahm-hayn) is also called the Celtic New Year, The Third harvest, All Hollows Eve, the Day of the Dead, and of course Halloween. There are many more names for Samhain, but rather then having a different meaning, they...
Holidays >> Samhain
- A Ritual for Samhain
- Samhain is a when the Spirit world is at it's closest to our world. One of the many ways to honor this fact is: to leave and offering by your back door. Leave and empty place setting for a departed loved one and your dinner table. Samhain is one the favored...
Holidays >> Samhain
- Holly: Correspondences
- Ilex aquifolium of I. opaca Folk Names: Aquifolius, Bat's Wings, Christ's Thorn, Holy Tree, Holm Chaste, Hulum, Hulver Bush, Tinne Gender: Masculine Planet: Mars Element: Fire Deity: Power: Protection, Anti-Lightning, Luck, Dream Magic...
Herbalism >> Herbs dictionary H
- The Sacred Wheel: The Sabbats
- The Wheel of the Year honors the never ending cycle of life, death, and rebirth. It expresses the belief which Pagan religions hold that time is circular, not linear. The Sabbats are derived from the rich traditions of seasonal festivals as celebrated by...
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- After Midnight: A True Ghost Story
- The nervous chatter of the tourists echoed through the musty catacombs of the ancient city of Edinburgh. If I lingered behind the crowd, would that improve my chances of seeing a ghost? Or perhaps any spectral visitor would be put off by the unstable energies...
Ghosts >> Ghost Stories
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
Buddy Holly Covers is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buddy Holly Covers books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Cover Me
- This greatest hits album really demonstrates her versatility from her stripped down, sultry "Between the Bars" to her Randy Newman or Buddy Holly offerings.
- Playlist Compiles 16 Hours Of Grateful Dead Cover Song Debuts
- This shows the transitions they went through from 1966, garage/primal Dead, to Acoustic Dead, Dylan in the mid-80s, & back to their roots by '95 by covering the likes of Willie Dixon, The Beatles, Buddy Holly, The Rolling Stones, and many other artists.
- Beatles scholar sheds light on the band's 1950s influences
- On Wednesday night, he presented "The Influence of Rock & Roll on the Beatles," a 90-minute illustration on the influence of 1950s musicians like Jerry Lee Lewis, Gene Vincent, Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley had on the Beatles.
- A cover, original, or tribute band?
- In the 1960's, the Rolling Stones started out as a blues cover band with songs from Bo Diddley, Buddy Holly, Chuck Berry, Elmore James, John Lee Hooker, Muddy Waters, Robert Wilkins and many more. They released three albums consisting primarily of ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.