Buffalo Creek Flood
A selection of articles related to buffalo creek flood.
Original articles from our library related to the Buffalo Creek Flood. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Buffalo Creek Flood.
- White Buffalo Calf Woman
- Buffalo stretched to the horizon across the grassy hills. Two brothers were walking towards them. As they walked they saw within the herd a white buffalo calf, something neither one of them had seen before. While they watched it, it began to raise itself up...
Deities & Heros >> Native American
- Noah's Ark
- The story (or myth? ) of Noah and his ark full of animals is told from the accounts in the Hebraic Bible, from the Christian’s Book of Genesis in the Old Testament Bible and from the Muslim’s Qur’an.
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 7
- Chapter 7 7:1 And the LORD said unto Noah, Come thou and all thy house into the ark; for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation. 7:2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Celtic Gods and Heroes: The Gods of Ancient Ireland
- Celtic peoples established themselves in Ireland about 2,500 years ago. But humans had inhabited the island long before that, as evidenced by the monument site at Newgrange dating to 3000 B.C., as well as the prehistoric megaliths at Carrowmore in Sligo, and...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
Buffalo Creek Flood is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Buffalo Creek Flood books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Kick off for two-year watershed plan
- The watershed plan will identify practices, projects and programs to reduce pollution, flood damage and protect natural resources.
- Buffalo Creek disaster remembered -- 125 lives lost 44 years ago
- The devastating flood killed 125 people and destroyed hundreds of homes when a sludge dam on the Middle Fork of Buffalo Creek in Logan County gave way on Feb. 26, 1972, according to the official 1973 report about the disaster from the Governor's Ad ...
- Theater Talk: Shea's announces new season
- Ellicott Creek Playhouse, 530 Ellicott Creek Road, Tonawanda (260-2319). www.niagaratheatre.
- Speak Your Piece: Scotia Then and Now
- I had just completed a documentary on the 1972 Buffalo Creek Flood, a horrendous West Virginia disaster in which 125 men, women and children were killed when a dam collapsed due to coal company negligence. It was a gray, drizzling afternoon in 1976 ...
- Flooding forces road closures throughout NWLA
- Torrential rains have caused flooding and flash flooding in some parts of the ArkLaTex, prompting dozens of road closures. ... Area waterways pushed to flood stages, still rising ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.