A selection of articles related to burial.
Original articles from our library related to the Burial. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Burial.
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part IV: Middle Kingdom
- First Intermediate - Middle Kingdom (ca 2181 -1786 bc.) The powers that built the solar temples of the 5th dynasty and the pyramids of the 6th dynasty weakened towards the end of the Old Kingdom, perhaps as a result of eroding economics, leaving the King less...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Origins of the Celts
- Two new groups of people emerge in Central Europe during the late Neolithic (New Stone Age) period, one certainly immigrant. Each group may be distinguished archaeologically by characteristic artifacts found in their respective burial sites. One was a Bell...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Egyptian Amulets
- Amulets are magic objects which are carried on the person. The Egyptian words that refer to these objects are "sa" and "mkt" which are used for protective objects alone and "wedjet" which is used to refer to talisman as well....
History & Anthropology >> Egyptian
- Mother Of The Gods And The Father Of The Gael
- There is no surviving, or as yet translated, Creation story within Irish mythology. We learn from the Lebor Gabala Erenn, a text from the Christian Middle Ages, of the Tuatha De Danann, or "People of the Goddess Danu", who came to Ireland either...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- The Twilight of the Celtic Gods
- The Milesians, according to myth, were the first Celts to settle in Ireland. This group was named after the eight sons of Mil (some texts say King Milesius); these Gaelic peoples, the myths report, came to Ireland from Spain. Ironically, the first phase of...
Saga of Times Past >> Legend and Prehistory
Burial is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Burial books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Rare bronze age burial site lay undisturbed 'for millennia'
- A significant early bronze age burial site, believed to date from 2500BC, has been discovered near Morecambe Bay. Grave goods could include objects ranging from daggers and ceramic vessels to jewellery, textiles and material such as amber, jet and gold.
- Friends and family remember Nancy Reagan as more than a first lady
- The library site, where the 40th president was buried in 2004, provides sweeping views of horse country dotted with oaks and, on a clear day, a vista to the Pacific Ocean. The Reagans "just fell in love" with the spot, Boston developer and Republican ...
- Thieves steal flowers and mementos from family burial site
- Her infant son and her husband are buried there along with other family members. "What kind of person would come into a cemetery and take something that they know was placed in a very personal way?" Greer said.
- Korean War Soldier Receives Full Military Burial Honor 60 Years Later
- Over half a century after his death, Pfc. James M. Smith, a missing Korean War serviceman, was finally laid to rest with full military honors in the presence of family and military personnel Wednesday afternoon at Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesjulian huxley eugenics
volkswagen corporate structure
quakers in latin america guatemala
nihilism nihilism in literature
philosophy of advaitha
bridging german suplex pin
brutalist architecture history