A selection of articles related to byzantine empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Byzantine Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Byzantine Empire.
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Byzantine Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Byzantine Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- THE BYZANTINE EMPIRE
- The emperor of the Byzantine empire was seen as Christ's representative on . fundamental appreciation for the Byzantine empire and its role in.
- The Byzantine Empire
- The Byzantine Empire: What was it? Its Geography, Chronology & Ethnic. Composition _- I l.
- on Byzantine Empire - Town School for Boys
- Origins of the Byzantine Empire. The Year? 330 C.
- BYZANTINE EMPIRE largely to drive same-se~loveunder~round.
- the Byzantine Empire evolved over eleven centuries. the Byzantine empire, also known as the. Eastern or East Roman Empire, is usually placed at A.
Suggested News Resources
- Irene: the Ruthless Monarch Who Lent a Hurricane Her Name
- Because Irene, the first empress of the Byzantine empire, smiter of Bulgars, commander of eunuchs, architect of conspiracies and smasher of others, was a lady not to be messed with. Just ask her son: she had his eyes gouged out.
- The Globe and Mail
- The city was formerly the flower of the Byzantine Empire, the “Rome of the East” and a bastion of Orthodox Christianity; the Turks refer to it as the “Red Apple” and have long wanted to capture it.
- Planes, trains, automobiles, buses and cruise ships — one snafu after another
- Ravenna had been the capital of Italy in the early 400s and then the regional capital of the Byzantine Empire. It was where Dante died in 1321 and where his remains are buried today.
- Ironic Irene: The Name Means "Peace"
- The name was common in the Byzantine Empire; an eighth-century empress named Irene was the first to lead the Byzantine Empire. She originally was a regent for her ruling son, but killed him and led the empire alone.
- Tech Talk: On Steve Jobs
- Will the computer giant crumble like the Byzantine Empire? Was Steve Jobs Apple's Alexander the Great, and without his leadership and guidance, will this company turn into a cocktail party joke? Or will Apple continue and soldier on?
Suggested Web Resources
- Byzantine Empire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The Byzantine Empire (or Byzantium) was the Eastern Roman Empire that existed throughout Late Antiquity and the Middle Ages.
- Byzantine Empire - Crystalinks
- The name Byzantine Empire is derived from the original Greek name for Constantinople; Byzantium.
- CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: The Byzantine Empire
- Term employed to designate the Eastern survival of the ancient Roman Empire.
- The Byzantine Empire pt.1 - YouTube
- Sep 13, 2008 fall of Byzantium Empire was biggest tragedy in History.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Byzantine Empire Topics
basic programming language examples
merge algorithm common lisp
saint mungo patron saint