A selection of articles related to byzantine empire.
Original articles from our library related to the Byzantine Empire. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Byzantine Empire.
- Historical Christian Jewelry
- The art of jewelry making evolved though the centuries. In a sense, jewelry is any ornamentation or adornment on the body. Jewelry has been used not only for aesthetic reasons but also as an indication of a person’s status in life.
>> Body Mysteries
- Astronomy in Ancient Civilisations
- It is a pity that the myths of ancient civilisations are so easily dismissed as the musings of savage minds, as it is subsequently easy to overlook the fact that many of their myths were encryptions of their astronomical knowledge. The best example of this...
Modern Science >> Astronomy
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Byzantine Empire is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Byzantine Empire books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Trump and Jihad
- The Buddhist genocide was much celebrated by Muslim historians. After Jihad conquered the Byzantine Empire -- the Christian Roman Empire of North Africa and Anatolia -- another civilization was frozen into silence.
- Has ISIS Set Its Sights On Occupying the Vatican?
- 03_10_Vatican_ISIS_01 ISIS often airs its threats to conquer Rome and convert St. Peter's, above, into a mosque.
- Tracing the roots of Islamic jihad
- The Crusades were a series of wars launched by Western Europeans in the wake of devastating defeats inflicted on the Christian Byzantine Empire by the Seljuk Turks. The First Crusade was launched in 1096. It was the most successful one, capturing ...
- The forgotten Byzantine Empire rescued Turkish cinema
- Trust Turkish filmmakers to resurrect the Byzantine Empire to play the much-needed enemy once every decade. Satirist and writer Gani Müjde returns to directing, satirizing where he feels at home, the depiction of Byzantines in Turkish cinema. Müjde's ...
- Sketches From a POW Camp That Held African-Americans and Others
- At the Getty Villa in Malibu, Calif.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Byzantine Empire Topics
Related searchesammonium carbonate
emperor sakuramachi life
celts in india
music of brazil folk music
relation between hinduism and islam