- cae·su·ra also ce·su·ra (s -zh r , -z r ). n. pl.
- TRAVERSING TI-IE CAESURA
- fancy than the impressive caesura of the act of birth would have us believe.
- Ligeti's stylistic caesura
- caesura' (Ligeti 1983) or a 'stylistic crisis' (Searby 2010, title & p. xv).
- Gregory Linington, an actor at Oregon Shakespeare Festival, goes to a
- Then, he marked all the caesuras, or pauses in lines of verse. An example of a caesura comes in Mark Anthony's otf-quoted line in "Julius Caesar": "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears.
- Comics Creator Del Connell, 1918-2011: A Long-Overdue, Super Goof-y Appreciation
- Kids of my age had no Disney ambassadors to look to; a perfunctory, forgettable Mickey Mouse Club aired from '77-'79, but it didn't take: America remained caught in the grip a Mouseketeer drought, a post-Funicello, pre-Timberlake caesura.
- A Celebration of Harold Pinter, Pleasance Courtyard, Edinburgh
- And I love the aggressive caesura Sands honours at the end of a short poem: "Before they drop... let me say this...
- Philip Levine and Other Mediocrities: What it Takes to Ascend to the Poet
- "Labor Day," from The Triumph of Achilles, is occasion only to remember her father's death a year ago, which the poet processes conclusively with this profound insight about the length of a human life: "Not a sentence, but a breath, a caesura.
- Caesura - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- In meter, a caesura is a complete stop in a line of poetry. The plural form of caesura is caesuras or caesurae.
- Caesura - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster
- plural cae·suras or cae·su·rae \-ˈzyu̇r ē, -ˈzhu̇r-\. Definition of CAESURA. 1.
- Lynch, Literary Terms — Caesura
- Caesura is a pause somewhere in the middle of a verse.
- Caesura | Define Caesura at Dictionary.com
- Caesura definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
- Poetry Center San Jose | Cæsura
- includes the 2009 Caesura Poetry Contest winners, and an interview with Nils Peterson, Poet Laureate of Santa Clara County. $8.
Caesura is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Caesura books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searchesbart to the future quotes
eamon de valera easter rising
helen childs boyden
data general notable alumni
mauryan empire conquest of magadha
macrophilia aspects of macrophilia
birthday birthday gift symbolism