A selection of articles related to cairo poets.
Original articles from our library related to the Cairo Poets. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cairo Poets.
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
- Story of the Celts: The Ancient Celts
- The Ancient Celts [ 8 ] What is surprising to most modern readers is just how widespread across Europe the Celts once were. The Celts have been called the "Fathers of Europe," that is north of the Greco-Roman Mediterranean. Long before the Germanic...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- Celtic Gods and Heros: Introduction to Celtic Mythology
- Youngsters of school age almost effortlessly learn about the gods and heroes of Greek and Roman mythology. Names like Zeus, Hercules, Diana, Ulysses, Mercury, Venus, and others become widely familiar. Paintings, popular movies, and books trace their stories...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- --> Tuberculinum is made of pus from a tubercular abscess. Although this does not sound very friendly it is a great and important medicine. It is used when there is a history of tuberculosis in the family, in the first stadium of tuberculosis in a patient,...
Remedies >> Remedies T
- Aviary at the Gates of Heaven: Examining the Bird Symbolism in the Thoth Empress Card
- "This card, summed up, may be called the Gate of Heaven." Book of Thoth, p. 77. Eight birds adorn the fourth card of the Thoth Deck Major Arcana, The Empress. These eight birds, their variant symbology united, point at one overarching meaning -- as...
Tarot Cards >> The Major Arcana
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
Cairo Poets is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cairo Poets books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- The Study of Classical Hebrew Poetry: Terminological Issues by
- in Baghdad, Damascus, Cairo), poets, medical doctors, and court educators used to read the Greek philosophers in the original language.
- AL-BUSIRI AND MUHAMMAD MSHELA: TWO GREAT SUFI POETS
- people with his poems. He, for example, praised the mayor of al-Mahala, a town in South-East of. Cairo, and the mayor paid him a monthly salary.
- Nanos Valaoritis A Memoir When I arrived in London in Sept. 1944, I
- intermediary for the modernist Greek Poets unknown then in England.
- PRESS RELEASE - Big Bridge
- also being organized in political hotspots such as Cairo, Egypt and Madison, Wisconsin. Along the Platte.
- Memories in Translation: A Life between the Lines of Arabic Literature
- Chapter 3 deals with his move to Cairo, his work in institutions of higher learning, and his first contacts with writers and poets.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cairo poets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The British Army presence in Egypt in World War II had, as a side effect, the concentration of a group of Cairo poets.
- Glossary Poetic Terms C - Poets' Graves
- Cairo Poets, Group of poets including Lawrence Durrell and Keith Douglas who were based in North Africa during World War II.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.