A selection of articles related to canaanite.
Original articles from our library related to the Canaanite. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Canaanite.
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 33
- Chapter 33 33:1 These are the journeys of the children of Israel, which went forth out of the land of Egypt with their armies under the hand of Moses and Aaron. 33:2 And Moses wrote their goings out according to their journeys by the commandment of the LORD:...
Old Testament >> Numbers
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 12
- Chapter 12 12:1 Now the LORD had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will show thee: 12:2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great;...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 13:1 And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south. 13:2 And Abram was very rich in cattle, in silver, and in gold. 13:3 And he went on his journeys from the south even to Bethel, unto the...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 38
- Chapter 38 38:1 And it came to pass at that time, that Judah went down from his brethren, and turned in to a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah. 38:2 And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 10
- Chapter 10 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 3:2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. 3:3 And he saith unto the man which had the...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness. 23:2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment: 23:3 Neither...
Old Testament >> Exodus
Canaanite is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Canaanite books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- CANAANITE GENOCIDE
- First, the general characteristics of Canaanite genocide will be articulated. Second .
- The Abominations of the Canaanites
- Canaanites described here—the list is longer than in other passages. C. “The need to the gods.
- Canaanite Myth and Hebrew Epic
- Canaanite (or Northwest Semitic) culture from which it emerged.
- The Canaanite Conquest of Jesus (Mt 15:21-28)
- Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on First of all, the word “Canaanite” is found nowhere else in the New Testament.
Suggested News Resources
- Read OT Theologically in Its Cultural Context: Scholar
- Israel launched an unprovoked assault on the Canaanite people. Later, Israel was itself conquered and exiled to the Assyrian and Babylonian empires.
- Dog Scraps, the Canaanite Woman and Me
- By siblingless, today at 8:00 am This past week, I've felt like the Canaanite woman. My daughter is fine, but my disappointment in other people has sat on my chest like an elephant. I realize I have to get a handle on my emotions and my prayer life.
- Virgin Mary, goddess Astoreth are not the same
- Question: I was reading my Bible and I came across a page that talked about the Canaanite gods. Then I read a an article that seemed to match Astoreth but had Mary mother of Jesus on it. Are they very similar in today's world?
- New Canaanite Karen Barry released 'Bare' album
- Karen Barry, a mother and 15-year resident of New Canaan, just released her debut album, Bare. The 14-track CD is self-produced, self-funded, and all original.
- Matthew 15:21-28: Teaching Jesus
- A Canaanite woman cries out to Jesus to heal her daughter. By the end of the story, her daughter has been healed -- but between the crying and the healing, Jesus says some terrible things. He's arrogant, racist and just plain mean.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Religion of the Canaanites
- Was the command to exterminate the Canaanites a justifiable act on the part of God, who ordered it, or on the part of people, who partially, at least, obeyed it?
- Jesus and the Canaanite Woman
- A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David , have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.