A selection of articles related to canaanite.
Original articles from our library related to the Canaanite. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Canaanite.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 38
- Chapter 38 38:1 And it came to pass at that time, that Judah went down from his brethren, and turned in to a certain Adullamite, whose name was Hirah. 38:2 And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite, whose name was Shuah; and he took her, and went...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- King James Bible: Matthew, Chapter 10
- Chapter 10 10:1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease. 10:2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first,...
New Testament >> Matthew
- King James Bible: Mark, Chapter 3
- Chapter 3 3:1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand. 3:2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him. 3:3 And he saith unto the man which had the...
New Testament >> Mark
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness. 23:2 Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment: 23:3 Neither...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 33
- Chapter 33 33:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Depart, and go up hence, thou and the people which thou hast brought up out of the land of Egypt, unto the land which I sware unto Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, saying, Unto thy seed will I give it: 33:2 And I...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Exodus, Chapter 34
- Chapter 34 34:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest. 34:2 And be ready in the morning, and come up in the morning unto...
Old Testament >> Exodus
- King James Bible: Numbers, Chapter 21
- Chapter 21 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners. 21:2 And Israel vowed a vow unto the LORD, and said, If thou wilt...
Old Testament >> Numbers
Canaanite is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Canaanite books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- CANAANITE GENOCIDE
- First, the general characteristics of Canaanite genocide will be articulated. Second .
- The Abominations of the Canaanites
- Canaanites described here—the list is longer than in other passages. C. “The need to the gods.
- Canaanite Myth and Hebrew Epic
- Canaanite (or Northwest Semitic) culture from which it emerged.
- The Canaanite Conquest of Jesus (Mt 15:21-28)
- Canaanite woman from that region came out and was crying, “Have mercy on First of all, the word “Canaanite” is found nowhere else in the New Testament.
Suggested News Resources
- Read OT Theologically in Its Cultural Context: Scholar
- Israel launched an unprovoked assault on the Canaanite people. Later, Israel was itself conquered and exiled to the Assyrian and Babylonian empires.
- Dog Scraps, the Canaanite Woman and Me
- By siblingless, today at 8:00 am This past week, I've felt like the Canaanite woman. My daughter is fine, but my disappointment in other people has sat on my chest like an elephant. I realize I have to get a handle on my emotions and my prayer life.
- Virgin Mary, goddess Astoreth are not the same
- Question: I was reading my Bible and I came across a page that talked about the Canaanite gods. Then I read a an article that seemed to match Astoreth but had Mary mother of Jesus on it. Are they very similar in today's world?
- New Canaanite Karen Barry released 'Bare' album
- Karen Barry, a mother and 15-year resident of New Canaan, just released her debut album, Bare. The 14-track CD is self-produced, self-funded, and all original.
- Matthew 15:21-28: Teaching Jesus
- A Canaanite woman cries out to Jesus to heal her daughter. By the end of the story, her daughter has been healed -- but between the crying and the healing, Jesus says some terrible things. He's arrogant, racist and just plain mean.
Suggested Web Resources
- The Religion of the Canaanites
- Was the command to exterminate the Canaanites a justifiable act on the part of God, who ordered it, or on the part of people, who partially, at least, obeyed it?
- Jesus and the Canaanite Woman
- A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, "Lord, Son of David , have mercy on me! My daughter is suffering terribly from demon-possession.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.