A selection of articles related to canonical gospels.
Original articles from our library related to the Canonical Gospels. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Canonical Gospels.
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Jesus Double-Act
- Is it possible that there were two Jesus', and that the histories of both have become entwined in the modern Bible? An examination of the evidence suggests that this is not only possible, but highly probable. To begin with, let us look at the Gospels....
Christianity >> The Bible
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Canonical Gospels is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Canonical Gospels books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- CHAPTER 2 INTRODUCTION TO THE FOUR CANONICAL GOSPELS
- INTRODUCTION TO THE FOUR CANONICAL GOSPELS.
- The Gospel of Thomas
- When this comparison is made, the Gospel of Thomas comes up seriously short. The Canonical Gospels Are Much Earlier.
- The Gospel of Judas and Scripture
- In contrast, the canonical gospels were written in the first century A.D., and at least two of them are attributed to eyewitnesses.
- Presented by: The Rev. Dr. L. Gregory Bloomquist Presented by
- Of the Gospels that are extant -- 4 canonical Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John), as well as a variety of non-canonical Gospels (e.g., Gospel of.
- PAPYRUS EGERTON 2 AND THE FOURTH GOSPEL *
- represents tradition earlier than that found in the canonical gospels. With debate over the relation between the canonical gospels and other written traditions.
Suggested News Resources
- Virgin Mary, goddess Astoreth are not the same
- Non-canonical gospels give a number of references to Mary. The colorful Gospel of James says that she was the daughter of Joachim and Anne and was dedicated in the Jewish Temple as a consecrated virgin.
- Springfield Library to host voter forum and book discussion
- All four canonical gospels are anonymous, but Early Christian tradition identifies this gospel's author as Mark the Evangelist, who is said to have based the work on the testimony of Saint Peter. The program is free and open to all.
- Pilgrims honour St. Ann in Cormac
- Although she is not named in the canonical gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John), Pembroke Diocese Bishop Michael Mulhall explains that devotion to the traditionally identified grandmother of Jesus is the result of retrospective reflection.
- Some Random Thoughts
- The canonical gospels of Matthew (Matthew 1:18)[1:18] and Luke[1:26-35] say that Mary was a virgin and that Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit.
Suggested Web Resources
- Gospel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Of the many gospels written in antiquity, only four gospels came to be accepted as part of the New Testament, or canonical.
- Canonical gospels | Facebook
- Canonical gospels - Description: The Canonical Gospels are the four accounts of the life of Jesus central to the Christian Canon.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Canonical Gospels Topics
Related searchesdream interpretation of dreams boils
carl hiaasen bibliography
york railway station platform use
rapid kl management team