A selection of articles related to canonical gospels.
Original articles from our library related to the Canonical Gospels. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Canonical Gospels.
- Pagan Roots of the Bible
- "The Bible is the innerrent word of the living God. It is absolutely infallible, without error in all matters pertaining to faith and practice, as well as in areas such as geography, science, history, etc. Jerry Falwell I have heard this assertion...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Pagan Origins Of Christian Mythology
- The Judeo-Christian religions were founded in a region of the world where savior religions existed for thousands of years. Much of the symbolism and many of the stories in the Bible may be traced to earlier myths of the Persians, Egyptians, and other people...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- The Jesus Double-Act
- Is it possible that there were two Jesus', and that the histories of both have become entwined in the modern Bible? An examination of the evidence suggests that this is not only possible, but highly probable. To begin with, let us look at the Gospels....
Christianity >> The Bible
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Story of the Celts: The Celts of Ireland
- The Celts of Ireland [ 33 ] The Celts arrived in Ireland by 350 B.C (some say earlier) and they thrive there to this day. A claim might be made that the Celtic Irish are among the world's oldest nationality groups. Despite periods when foreigners tried in...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Canonical Gospels is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Canonical Gospels books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Revealing 'The Young Messiah': An Interview with Cyrus Nowrasteh
- The boyhood of Jesus, often called his “hidden life,” is not even depicted in the canonical Scriptures outside of a couple brief episodes in the synoptic Gospels.
- Pope's Russian outreach stirs anxieties
- That none of this would be included in the gospels makes sense, since the gospels were meant to be a work of theology, and because the writers would not want to have included material that would have baited Rome, or could have been seen as baiting ...
- Gospel Truths
- Every early Christian community had its own competing gospel or gospels, the theory goes, and the four "canonical" Gospels—Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John—became canonical only because their interpretations of Jesus were embraced by the victors in a ...
- Baptism: Apostolic Teaching & Doctrinal Development
- Justin Martyr's “gospels” contained apocryphal material (he also did not accept Philippians, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus, and Philemon as Scripture); Acts was scarcely known or quoted.
- Gospel as Atonement Theory
- In a characteristically pithy essay, Robert Jenson has decried the “two paired errors” of traditional atonement theory.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Canonical Gospels Topics
Related searchespauli murray
music education great britain
book of arda viraf