Cape Horn Sailing Route
A selection of articles related to cape horn sailing route.
Original articles from our library related to the Cape Horn Sailing Route. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cape Horn Sailing Route.
- Lauràelle, the Ceremony & the Sword: An OBE Experience
- I have profoundly hesitated over the telling of this tale for many years. I have a lifetime of experiences like this to share, but some (like this one) may seem way over the top to some people, no matter how its written. This is simply because they lack any...
Astral Projection >> Out of Body Experiences
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
- The Horned God in India and Europe
- Of all of the Gods that we honor in Paganism today probably the most revered is the Horned God, in the shape and form of Cernunnos. Pick up some modern Pagan literature and chances are he is in there, listen to conversation at a Moot and you will hear him...
Deities & Heros >> Celtic, Welsh, Irish & Brittish
- Watcher at the gates of Asgard, he can hear the grass growing on the ground and the wool on a sheep's back, and needs no sleep. He is the son of nine etin-maids, perhaps the nine waves. His hall is called Himinbjörg (Heaven-Mountain). He owns the Gjallarhorn (...
Deities & Heros >> Nordic & Germanic
- Elemental Associations
- The earliest of Greek natural philosophers, Thales, in considering which was the most basic element in the cosmos, from which the cosmos was made, supposed that the cosmos was made of Water. Later, Heraclitus decided that the most basic element in the cosmos...
Magick >> The Elements
- What is Kabbalah
- Kabbalah can be interpreted and explained in different ways. Kaballah is quite difficult to categorize since its philosophy cannot be verified and not based on historic fact.
Mystic Sciences >> Symbology
Cape Horn Sailing Route is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cape Horn Sailing Route books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- Mark Blazis: Worth bracing for Drake Passage
- Named after Sir Francis Drake, the fearless 16th century British sea captain whose ship was violently blown off course into these southerly waters in September 1578, the Drake extends 500 miles from Cape Horn to the South Shetland Islands. With no land ...
- Voyage to remote Cape Horn, Chile
- Having opened up a new sailing route between the Atlantic and Pacific, the pair then sailed on with no mapped course to make land at Java. French writer and lover of navigation Paul Guimard offered a good perspective when he observed, “Cape Horn could ...
- In Nova Scotia, Canada, a warm welcome is a shore thing
- Elsewhere in the museum, I stood transfixed by "Around Cape Horn," a video loop of a 1929 film made by a young man who shipped out of Nova Scotia on the sailing ship Peking. I watched crew members scale the rigging in pitching seas and high winds.
- Four beautiful sisters for South America
- Thanks to their shallow draught, the ships can even pass through the sheltered Strait of Magellan on the continent's southern tip rather than having to sail through the harsh waters off Cape Horn, one of the most hazardous shipping routes in the world.
- Nova Scotia Offers Splendid Hikes, Personal Stories
- The blueberry farmer we met on our morning walk to the bay suggested a little-trod path near the Age of Sail Heritage Museum down the road.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Cape Horn Sailing Route Topics
Related searchesguimaras people and culture
list of tongue-twisters japanese
dk-king of swing jungle jam
first haircut chinese babies
cannon projectiles fired from cannon