A selection of articles related to carnatic music.
Original articles from our library related to the Carnatic Music. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Carnatic Music.
- An Overview of Gospel Music
- Gospels refer to the first four books of the Bible’s New Testament. These hymns became integral part of worship services of “Protestants”.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Black Gospel Music
- Black Gospel music is also known as Urban Contemporary Gospel music. Its roots were the Negro spiritual songs that were sang by the African slaves while tilling the rich cotton fields of their white Southern masters in the early 18th century.
>> Poetry & Fable
- Lynne, Carol
- Growing up surrounded by music, Carole Lynneâ€™s musical education has ranged from the informal training of her parents teaching her how to sing jazz to formal instruction at The Juilliard School of Music, University of Michigan Music School, and The American...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Harding, Deborah
- Deborah Harding began gardening alongside her parents when she was just able to walk. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two daughters. She writes articles on herbal concerns for magazines and web-zines, and gives lectures and workshops on growing herbs...
Real Interviews >> Authors
- Story of the Celts: Who are the Celts?
- The ancient Celts were a group of culturally similar peoples who once occupied most of central and western Europe, north of the Greco-Roman world. Perhaps the most common cultural characteristic of the ancient Celts were the Celtic languages, a branch of the...
History & Anthropology >> Celtic & Irish
Carnatic Music is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Carnatic Music books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- MELODIC ATOMS FOR TRANSCRIBING CARNATIC MUSIC
- MELODIC ATOMS FOR TRANSCRIBING CARNATIC MUSIC. Arvindh Krishnaswamy. Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics.
- An Introduction to Carnatic Music
- presents. An Introduction to. Carnatic Music.
- Elementary Ideas in Carnatic Music: Part 1 Ideas of "Sruti", "Swara
- i.e. to relate elementary lessons to the fundamental ideas or concepts of music.
- Carnatic Music Notation Typesetter Input Format Specification
- Carnatic Music Notation Typesetter (v1.4). Synopsis.
- Workshop on Carnatic Music Appreciation Introduction to the
- Workshop on Music Appreciation й Nagaraju Pappu;. 1 of 17;. 10/5/2006 5:46:53 PM.
Suggested News Resources
- Queens' Ultimate Band
- By Tammy Scileppi For music lovers who enjoy Carnatic music, and for those who never heard of it, the refreshingly exotic sounds of Charanams' ragas (musical modes) and rhythms is a unique experience that shouldn't be missed.
- Innovative approach
- The grounding in Carnatic music is evident in most present day vocalists but the manner in which this is presented on stage varies greatly. Since the code of conduct for classical Carnatic music is rather rigid, it is not all that appealing.
- Vocalist Ramaswamy turns 80 today
- Though his father was his guru, Ramaswamy hardly learned the technical aspect of Carnatic music till late in life. "My uncles threatened to wring my neck if I ever sang," he chuckles at the memory.
- Scholarly odyssey for Indian music
- Narsing R. Eswara (Narsing Rao in short), who penned abook Tonal Foundations of Indian Music, was closely affiliated with Carnatic music for 45 years. He was a Carnatic vocalist and studied a lot on the 'shruti' and 'swara's.
- In her father's footsteps
- Revathy Ratnaswami needs no introduction to the stalwarts of Carnatic music. She was not just a performer but a wonderful teacher who is still remembered fondly by her pupils and her fellow artists.
Suggested Web Resources
- CARNATIC MUSIC :: A Website on South Indian Music, Dance and
- Carnatic music of south India is considered one of the oldest systems of music in the world.
- Nov 14, 2009 What is Carnatic Music? : It is the classical music of Southern India. The basic form is a monophonic song with improvised variations.
- Carnatic Corner - your guide to Carnatic music on the internet
- The Premier Carnatic Music Web Site. Has information on ragas, composers, lyrics, lists, links to audio sites.
- CARNATIC MUSIC - YouTube
- Jul 10, 2009 In Kerala the classical music is carnatic . Carnatic music is considered one of the oldest systems of music in the world.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Carnatic Music Topics
Related searchesjimmy hoffa union activities
communist party of saudi arabia
coding theory linear block codes
william e miller