- Stenting, Surgery Similar in Asymptomatic Carotid Stenosis
- LOS ANGELES — Carotid stenting was noninferior to endarterectomy in asymptomatic patients younger than age 80 years with significant carotid stenosis in the ACT 1 study. Presenting the study here at the International Stroke Conference (ICS) 2016, ...
- Vascular surgery safer than stenting for older patients with carotid stenosis
- Vascular surgery appears to be safer than stenting for patients over 70 years of age with carotid stenosis, or a blockage of the carotid arteries in the neck, according to new findings published today in the Lancet.
- Stenting and endarterectomy have similar outcomes in asymptomatic patients
- During a five-year follow-up period, asymptomatic patients with severe carotid stenosis had similar rates of stroke and survival whether they underwent carotid artery stenting with embolic protection or carotid endarterectomy.
- Carotid Stenosis for Stroke Prevention: Both Surgery and Stenting Give Long
- Dr. Brott: Revascularization for carotid artery stenosis is the accepted treatment for symptomatic patients with >50% stenosis and for asymptomatic patients with >70% stenosis. The original CREST report in 2010 showed both surgery and stenting were the ...
- Wellmont cardiologist published in national journal
- “This trial will influence how patients with asymptomatic carotid stenosis are treated throughout the world,” said Jerry Blackwell, M.D., the heart institute's president.
Carotid Stenosis is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Carotid Stenosis books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Carotid Stenosis Topics
Related searchesroyal ordnance factory types of rofs
duplicate bridge pairs game
quantum chromodynamics history
soleil moon frye surgery
list of jesuit institutions venezuela
christmas secular customs
lightsaber combat form ii makashi