- Video. Rare glimpse of lynx and wolves in Romanian Carpathians forest
- A pack of wolves and three lynx were caught on camera in Romanian forests that are included in an EU-backed conservation program in the Carpathian Mountains. For instance, a lynx was recorded eating its prey, a female red deer, according to a video ...
- The Hutsuls: Ukraine's native tribe keeping traditions alive in Carpathians
- Ukrainians who live life on the wild side - that's how some call ethnic Hutsuls in the Carpathian Mountains. Their crafts, music, religious rituals and work in the highlands have endured oppressive regimes for hundreds of years.
- Kyiv residents support Nadiya Savchenko with musical flash mob
- The musical flash mob was organized at the entrance to the capital city administration. Everyone willing to sing could join in. Read also Ukrainian protesters demand the release of Savchenko.
- Ukrainian protesters demand the release of Savchenko
- Dozens demanded the release of Ukrainian fighter pilot Nadiya Savchenko who is being held in a Russian jail. The protests follow a range of rallies and initiatives in support of Savchenko in recent days. EU officials have expressed concern about her ...
- The First Squeeze-Bore
- Early on, the Germans handed the Imperial Russian Army a severe defeat at the battle of Tannenberg, while fighting continued to rage with the Austro-Hungarian Army for control of the Carpathians to the south.
Carpathians is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Carpathians books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.