A selection of articles related to cathar beliefs.
Original articles from our library related to the Cathar Beliefs. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cathar Beliefs.
- Our Pagan Village: The Importance and Persuit of Honor
- Candlelight flickers over the Beltaine revels. Food is laid out in the circle for the feast. Only one rule – no one can feed themselves. Each is dependent on friends and loved ones for sustenance, joy and delight. After an hour of laughter and revels and way...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Everything you always wanted to know about the beliefs of the Founding Fathers that your Congressman will never tell you!
- Through the Dark Ages, civilization and learning languished under the iron rule of the church. Finally, through the rediscovery of the Pagan Classics, Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus, Plotinus and many other philosophers, the west began to see a glimmer of the...
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- The Religious Experience: A Wiccan Viewpoint
- What is religion? Religion is a set of beliefs which allow us to understand and categorize our world and our place in it. A set of beliefs which define our culture, our expectations, our views of people and behaviors we expect. I have found several different...
Religion & Philosophy >> Religions
- The Seven Shaman Principles
- The World is What You Think It Is Positive thoughts attract positive people and events, and negative thoughts attract negative people and events. Corollary: Everything is a dream Dreams are real and reality is a dream. The only test we use for a reality check...
Religions >> Native American, Shamanism
- History of Voodoo
- The notoriously perceived notion of Voodoo as practiced in the western world is that of grotesquely molded wax dolls with pins sticking out of them. Let's look deeper than that!
Parapsychology >> Spirits
Cathar Beliefs is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cathar Beliefs books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- 1 ST. FRANCIS, POPE FRANCIS AND TODAY'S SPIRITUAL
- Aug 16, 2014 But their beliefs had deeply destructive implications for the fabric of ... Today, some 800 years later, Cathar beliefs can sound much too strange ...
- The Cathar Heresy - PBS
- The Cathar heresy was a major challenge to the Roman Catholic Church. ... and society - simply because there was a total identification between religious belief.
- The Cathar Crucifix: New Evidence of the - The Shroud of Turin
- eradicate the Cathar heresy that had been spreading throughout Languedoc for ..... beliefs, I suggest that the Cathar crucifix reflected their newfound acceptance ...
- The Cathars: Trials and Tribulations in the Languedoc
- that mattered were purity and perfection. The humblest neophyte therefore, could aspire to the highest spiritual development and attainment. Cathar Beliefs.
- We offer tours of Cathar Castles in Southern France. These tours are
- Cathar Tours at www.catharcountry.info.
Suggested News Resources
- Andrew Weatherall: 'Anyone can make music. What a double-edged sword'
- I've been in Andrew Weatherall's company for about five minutes, and he has, a little unexpectedly, got on to the subject of the Albigensian crusade of the 13th century, in which the papacy ordered the extermination of the Cathar sect in southern France.
- God help atheists miffed by prayers for hero Dawkins
- The Crusaders, for example, were assured as they set out to massacre Muslims, Jews and Cathars without pity or discrimination across southern Europe, Asia Minor and the Near East that martyrdom would earn them instant, endless ecstasy.
- Threat of divine punishment makes people more generous
- Intriguingly, belief in a god's propensity to reward good behavior did not increase generosity in the same way, suggesting supernatural retribution may have been a key element in encouraging cooperation and helping societies expand. Read Science's ...
- 9 medieval battles more significant than Agincourt
- It is 600 years since Henry V led England to victory at the battle of Agincourt, defeating a French army significantly bigger than his own.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cathar Beliefs, doctrines, theology and practices - Cathars
- On the surface, their basic beliefs seem unremarkable. Most people would have difficulty in distinguishing the principle Cathar beliefs from what are now ...
- Cathars and Cathar Beliefs in the Languedoc
- Languedoc Cathars. Cathar beliefs. Cathari and heretics, Catharism and the Albigensian Crusade.
- Catharism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- . Cathars, in general, formed an anti-sacerdotal party in opposition to the Catholic Church, protesting against what they ...
- Cathars Recorded as Heretics: Christian History
- Catholics destroyed virtually every scrap the Cathars wrote, so we do not know their .... Some of the Cathar beliefs and practices are followed in many Christian ...
- Who are the Cathers? - Bristol VA/TN
- The Cathars held many beliefs that were odious to the rest of medieval society - but of course the Cathars themselves judged medieval society and its social and ...
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.