A selection of articles related to cathar theology.
Original articles from our library related to the Cathar Theology. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cathar Theology.
- Ptah, Peteh, 'South of His Wall', 'The Ancient One', worshipped in Mennefer (Gr: Memphis) already in the early dynastic period, probably at first as the local patron of craftsmanship, his High Priest in Mennefer was titled 'Greatest of the controllers of...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Divinity: Thought We are Many, Are We One?
- Dear Questioner, You asked if there was such a thing as Christian Wicca. The simple answer is, of course there is! The tradition of communing with all the lovely fellow spirits in this cosmos goes way back beyond apostolic times. Didn't the Magi (plural for...
Religions >> Christianity & Paganism
- Elhaz is the seventh Rune of the second aett (group of eight). Its name means "elk," in the European sense of the word. The European elk is essentially the same animal as the North American "moose." The North American elk (wapiti) is a...
Divination >> Rune Stones
- History of the Egyptian Religion, part II: The Old Kingdom
- II - The Old Kingdom ca 2686-2181 BC During the Old Kingdom the Egyptian society moved from tribal communities to a fully developed theocratic system, where the power of the king was absolute. The great pyramids of Dynasty 4 was made possible by technological...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Egyptian Temples, part VI: The House of Life
- Library - Archive 'The House of Life' could well be called a library. It was that part of the temple where all records and texts were kept and stored. These papyrii encompassed many different fields of learning as well as the accountings on the daily and...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Cathar Theology is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cathar Theology books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Richard Abels and Ellen Harrison
- and Y. Dossat) or Cathar theology (among others, C. Thouzellier and R.
- READINGS for HS - Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology
- 2/15: Cathar Origins (1100-1250) PAPER PROSPECTUS DUE TODAY. 2/22: Waldensians. 3/1: Developed Cathar Theology.
Suggested News Resources
- The power of ideas over time
- Cathar theology — fleeing an evil creation for the spirit world — is not a path to justice in this life.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cathars & Albigenses: What Was Catharism? What did Cathars
- Cathar theology was essentially Gnostic in nature — they believed that there were two "gods" — one malevolent and one good.
- The Cathars: Cathar Beliefs: Ceremonies: Consolamentum
- It was the most significant ceremony in Cathar theology, marking the transition from ordinary believer (auditore or credente) to to Parfait, one of the elect.
- Cathars - The Ecole Glossary
- People who died before attaining perfection were reincarnated. Matter was also eternal in Cathar theology.
- Cathar Gnostic Beliefs and Theology - The Gnostic Jesus-
- Cathar Gnostic beliefs and theology. An exploration of the Gnostic way of following the life and teachings of Jesus. Gnosticism as early Christianity.
Cathar Theology Topics
Related searcheswest hollywood california geography
chert chert and precambrian fossils
repeater telecom cables
lamb of god background