A selection of articles related to cathedral architecture.
Original articles from our library related to the Cathedral Architecture. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cathedral Architecture.
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Egyptian Temples, part III: God's Home
- The cult temple in ancient Egypt was more than a place of worship. It was the home of the god, it was believed the deity took up residence in the building and used it more or less for all those various purposes as humans did. It was the place he was given...
Religions >> Egyptian
- Spider: Grandmother of Creation
- At the dawn of summer, in the warmth of springtime, Spider peeks her head out and begins again to spin her tale. Her tale, like her web is spiral, each year bringing greater more elaborate worlds and possibilities into manifestation. Her story, her web is the...
Symbology >> Animals
- The Green Man
- Who is this mysterious face in the leaves, commonly known as the Green Man? He is the personification of the spirit of nature itself in its vegetation form; the living heartbeat in every cell of a plant, shrub or tree, and the divine essence of the seasons....
Religion & Philosophy >> Deities & Heros
- What day are you born on?
- The day of the month on which the you were born - regardless of which month or year it is - is a key numerological indicator, providing an excellent "thumbnail sketch" of standout traits. It strongly influences your Life Path and is helpful in...
Symbology >> Numerology
- The Old Ones Live in New Things Too
- Imagine living in a time where all things were sacred, in a place where everything you touched was part of a Goddess or God. Since all things were divine, each had a patron Deity. From doorways to ovens, from the farm, to the hunt, to the birth of anything...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
Cathedral Architecture is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cathedral Architecture books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- A SHORT HISTORY OF CHURCH - Bruce Wardell Architect, P.C.
- have implemented their vision have generated a rich history of church architecture. THE HOUSE CHURCH.
- Theology in Stone: Church Architecture from Byzantium to Berkeley
- Page 1. Page 2. Page 3.
- at a Medieval Cathedral
- struction of Durham Cathedral in Northeast England. One of the main applications of mathematics in medieval architecture was practical geometry.
- The Temple as the Maternal Place of the Church
- grew out of the Modernist architectural movement in Europe.
Suggested News Resources
Suggested Web Resources
- Category:Cathedral architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Pages in category "Cathedral architecture".
- Cathedral Architecture
- Project with brief, clear overview of materials and construction methods illustrated , and bibliography.
- Gothic Field Guide to Architectural Terms
- See cathedral and diagram.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Cathedral Architecture Topics
Related searcheskozhikode history
tower of london location
africa precolonial africa
wayanad basic information