A selection of articles related to cave paintings.
Original articles from our library related to the Cave Paintings. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Cave Paintings.
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 23
- Chapter 23 23:1 And Sarah was an hundred and seven and twenty years old: these were the years of the life of Sarah. 23:2 And Sarah died in Kirjatharba; the same is Hebron in the land of Canaan: and Abraham came to mourn for Sarah, and to weep for her. 23:3...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- Hyperspace Reality
- Despite the fact that the 'new' physics, a godchild of the Einsteinian revolution has taught us that the Universe we perceive is a mere shadow of a vastly more unpredictable one, most of us still view the world in a distinctly materialistic way. A world where...
Modern Science >> New Physics
- King James Bible: Genesis, Chapter 49
- Chapter 49 49:1 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days. 49:2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father. 49:3...
Old Testament >> Genesis
- This Goddess replica is a composite of several images found scattered from Libya to Egypt Dated in the predynastic period BCE, they also appear on cave wall paintings from Paleolithic Algeria. The culture that produced Her was a sophisticated group of people...
Deities & Heros >> Egyptian
- Art during the Age of Faith
- The Age of Faith is the one thousand medieval years from 400 A.D. to 1400 A.D. It must be noted though that faith was not a uniquely medieval phenomenon as medieval pursuits were not purely geared towards faith only.
Saga of Times Past >> History & Anthropology
- Select Cross-Cultural and Historical Personifications of Death
- This extensive introduction includes some of the more well known, along with some lesser known Death "incarnations", and I use that term loosely, as in many cultures, the Angel of Death can be quite an adept shapeshifter. We have tried to cull...
Mystic Sciences >> Necromantic Studies
Cave Paintings is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Cave Paintings books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- ROCK ART SITES BIBLIOGRAPHY
- Description of World Heritage Rock Art Sites with a Bibliography of documents Cave of Altamira and Paleolithic Cave Art of Northern Spain (1985, 2008).
- Cave Paintings
- Cave Paintings. By Stacey Eck. 2.
- The Discovery of the Lascaux Cave Paintings
- The Discovery of the Lascaux Cave Paintings. On September 8, 1940, Marcel went on a treasure hunt.
- Baja California Cave Paintings
- Prolific cave paintings extend the entire length of the Baja peninsula.
- Art From Long Ago: Prehistoric Cave Paintings
- Age through the development of early cave art, through migration to other continents.
Suggested News Resources
- Horses shaped our art of war and peace
- Wild horses appear in the earliest known art, the Chauvet cave paintings of southern France. Photograph: AFP Horses throng the history of art.
- Brad Nack New Animals
- A giant elephant with close-set eyes, a prancing green horse, a grotesquely oversized spider: These totemic animals call to mind their cousins immortalized in premodern cave paintings.
- Watch out for looted Libyan artefacts, UN warns auction houses
- Libya has five World Heritage Sites including ruins of Roman cities and cave paintings going back 14000 years. There was no immediate suggestion that sites had been raided, though there have been sporadic reports of looting in the capital, Tripoli.
- Libyan cultural heritage in danger of going the Iraqi way
- Mr. Sologubovsky, who studied Libya's archeological sites and spent several months in Libya this year as a correspondent for a Moscow tabloid, said cave paintings in the Acacus Mountains that go back 14000 years were being destroyed by looters.
- Getting to the truth behind 'us'
- There's a school of thought that our history of art and self-exploration might be innately competitive to assure our individual genetic futures, so everything from cave paintings to the space station might be a mating strategy.
Suggested Web Resources
- Cave painting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Cave paintings are paintings on cave walls and ceilings, and the term is used especially for those dating to prehistoric times.
- The Cave of Chauvet-Pont-d'Arc
- La grotte Chauvet Pont d'Arc, découverte en 1994, contient un extraodinaire bestiaire (plus de 400 représentations d'animaux) datant de 30.
- 20 Most Fascinating Prehistoric Cave Paintings - Oddee.com (cave
- Mar 4, 2008 Cave Paintings are paintings on cave walls and ceilings, usually dating to prehistoric times.
- Cave Paintings
- When a cave is 'opened', and the conditions which enabled paintings to survive are altered, deterioration can be rapid.
- Cave Paintings & Rock Art - Early Humans for Kids
- Paintings were added, until a cave might have hundreds of different paintings, by many different painters. Most cave paintings focused on hunters and animals.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Cave Paintings Topics
Related searchesdream interpretation swan
cursus honorum tribune of the plebs
canon fiction mortal kombat
directional selection example
hot pot vegetables