A selection of articles related to celebrations.
Original articles from our library related to the Celebrations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Celebrations.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Yule, the Winter Solstice
- ABOUT YULE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT YULE Yule, pronounced "you all", or jol is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day and the longest night of the year. Yule, in Old Norse means, Wheel. As the Wheel of the Year is significant in pagan...
Holidays >> Yule
- Hecate: Patroness Of Witchcraft and Witches
- Myth of Hecate Hecate is known as the dark Goddess of the moon. She witnessed the abduction of Persephone, daughter of Demeter. She was able to act as a mediator when Demeter bargained with Zeus to rescue her daughter. Hecate herself, presided over Persephone'...
Deities & Heros >> Greek
Celebrations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Celebrations books and related discussion.
Suggested Pdf Resources
- Healthy Celebrations
- Typically, foods for school celebrations include cupcakes, candy, cookies and soda.
- Create Healthy, Active Celebrations
- United States Department of Agriculture. Food and Nutrition Service. Create Healthy, Active.
- School Celebrations
- School Celebrations. The number of overweight children has reached epidemic proportions both nationally and in North Carolina.
- Celebrations, Parties & Performances
- celebrations for significant events. All Ages. 9.
Suggested News Resources
- Houston begins its celebration
- Families came from across the city to participate in the birthday celebration.
- Two weddings and a splash in Italy
- It was a night of opulent celebrations, which next saw Eric Clapton — a friend of the Ecclestone family — providing the music for the couple's first dance. Clapton, 66, was followed by The Black Eyed Peas, paid a reported £1.
- Celebrations as Hazare ends hunger strike
- Hazare has now been admitted to Gurgaon's Medanta hospital for a check-up, while dancing and celebrations continue outside.
- Economic uncertainties present new opportunities: Pranab
- In his address at a function here to mark the golden jubilee celebrations of the Indian Economic Service (IES), Mr.
- Dalai Lama hoping to attend Tutu's 80th
- Home Affairs will again consider a visa application from the Dalai Lama after an invitation from Archbishop Desmond Tutu for the Tibetan spiritual leader to attend Tutu's 80th birthday celebrations in Cape Town in October.
Suggested Web Resources
- Party Ideas, Party Planning Tips, Expert Advice - Celebrations
- Celebrations.com is your home for all things party.
- Welcome To Celebrations Bridal & Fashion!
- dresses, gowns, formal dress, bridals, prom, best dress, evening dress.
- Celebrations: Bridal & Formal Wear
- 275 S. Seguin Ave., New Braunfels, Texas 78130 • 830.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
Related searcheschickasaw mythology
wayne gretzky stats and facts
westboro baptist church
ancient roman technology aqueducts
dream dictionary examination