A selection of articles related to celebrations.
Original articles from our library related to the Celebrations. See Table of Contents for further available material (downloadable resources) on Celebrations.
- Litha, The Summer Solstice
- Litha is also known as the summer solstice, Midsummer, All Couples Day, and Saint John's Day. Litha is one of the fire festivals and occurs on the longest day of the year. This is the time of year when the sun reaches its highest apex, at the Tropic of Cancer....
Holidays >> Mid Summer
- Pagan Mythology
- Is the traditional story presented as an historical event that serves to illustrate part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon. The mythological beliefs a culture shares gives shape to its actions and choices....
Paganism & Wicca >> Holidays
- The Skeptical Witch
- The Choir finished the last notes of the worship service. I sit down in unison with 3000 other people preparing to hear the word of the Lord from Apostle Benjamin. The worship service does not touch me. The words of the Apostle are empty for me. My mind is in...
Paganism & Wicca >> Daily Life
- Views of Deity
- Robin and I leaned against the rock. The moon shone full on the rippling waters of the lake behind us, and the night was redolent with the drums and songs of our people. What a night! As the night enfolded us, we quietly discussed the ritual we had just come...
Religions >> Paganism & Wicca
- Ostara - The Vernal Equimox
- ABOUT OSTARA | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT OSTARA Ostara (pronounced Oh-star-ah) is also called Eostre, Easter, Vernal Equinox, Spring Equinox, and the First Day of Spring. This is the time of year when day & night are equal, and heralds the return of...
Holidays >> Ostara
- Feasts of the Times
- "There are rituals of the elements and feasts of the times." - AL II,36 The Tropical Zodiac, while not shifting with the precession of the Earth like the Sidereal Zodiac, has the charming...
Magick >> Thelema
- Beltane - The Lover's Holiday
- ABOUT BELTANE | RITUAL | FOODS | REFERENCES ABOUT BELTANE Beltane is celebrated on May 1st and is one of the original Celtic festivals, Samhain being the other one. Beltane or May Day is also known as the Lover's holiday. Beltane is pronounced bel-tene, "...
Holidays >> Beltaine
Celebrations is described in multiple online sources, as addition to our editors' articles, see section below for printable documents, Celebrations books and related discussion.
Suggested News Resources
- UK bench hits mark with celebrations
- In a season where Monmouth's bench became known for its choreographed celebrations, the UK reserves have begun to have their own fun. The act started in the regular-season finale against LSU when Jamal Murray's now-routine bow-and-arrow ...
- Celebrations in baseball? Bryce Harper likes them, but David sees no Wright or
- PORT ST. LUCIE — There's a reason why David Wright was dubbed Captain America by his fellow teammates on the World Baseball Classic team three years ago. He's a smart, likeable, funny man who is fiercely competitive but carries himself with the type ...
- Thousands expected for St. Patrick's Day celebrations downtown
- Although St. Patrick's Day is actually on a Thursday this year, Chicago will be marking the day all weekend long. For many, the day will start at Mass over at Old St.
- Roanoke area police increase patrols for Saint Patrick's Day celebrations
- in galax. authorities say saint patrick's day is one of the deadliest days of the year because of drunk drivers. that's why officers are stepping up patrols during this weekend's celebrations.
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations scheduled for San Diego
- SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A pair of events are scheduled Saturday in San Diego County to celebrate the Irish in advance of St. Patrick's Day. The 36th annual St.
Great care has been taken to prepare the information on this page. Elements of the content come from factual and lexical knowledge databases, realmagick.com library and third-party sources. We appreciate your suggestions and comments on further improvements of the site.
citizenship supranational citizenship
violence in sports causes
johns hopkins university social life